read revelations.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com
Oh please...give us a break!!
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

you dont have to be an ass about it. im not a religious person by any means, but the similarities are spooky.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Indeed. However, if memroy serves, 1904 was a pretty "spooky" year as well ... and here we are. This year will pass like all others before.
Craig C.

Exactly my point.
Not trying to be an ass and don't think I am being an ass about it. I'm just the sort of person that says what a heck of a lot of other people are wanting to say but don't want to say it is all. You were just very quick to toss out your bible as the cause for the weather. I find that slightly ridiculous.
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

fair enough.

i dont even own a bible. i just find the similarities to be rather spooky. perhaps its just a repeat of history......a cycle that repeats itself every so often......who knows. still, i recognize many similarities and am only pointing them out. from the tsunami to the recent flooding and the overall break down of morality in our modern society....
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

There have been other years in history where people thought the exact same thing. They take an event and find relevance in the bible and say hmm...must be what its talking about. Been that way for a long time.

Hmm.. I remember that breakdown.. lots of flashing lights on the shoulder...
I'm old enough to remember when the air was clean sex was dirty... *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Why 1904 as a spooky year? Was it the year budd or beekeep were born? :))))) dale
On 10/16/05 3:25 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com"

It was the year my step-dad turned 14 . . . .
Budd

If I am thinking of the correct year, it may have been 1902 or 1905 ... anyway, one of those years around 1904, there was a great deal of natural disasters worldwide. Earthquakes, hurricanes, extreme hot weather followed by extreme cold weather, flooding, etc. Some religious leaders of the time marked it as the beginning of the "last days". 10 years later, WW I started ... then they were SURE we were in the "last days".
100 years later, here we are talking about the same thing.
Craig C.
On 17 Oct 2005 06:14:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com wrote:

"great" San Francisco quake was in 06..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
No, I think that was 1804, Dale...

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Nate,
When it comes to prophecy, the only Bible prophecies that have not come to pass have, simply, not come to pass. . .yet.
Budd

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:45:43 -0600, "Nathan W. Collier"

don't think he was being an ass.......not at all. he was just as surprised as i at the comparison. weather hasn't been all that wierd, the track just finally took it over a city built under sea level. this was just waiting to happen. i suppose now we have to go on about the moral decline of society too.
Actually, all I want is a lot of snow this winter. I'll take 2 or 3 18-24" totals throughout the winter here in Raleigh, NC like we had once years ago. Just leave the ice out of it.
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

Take 6 or 8 4"-6" totals. You'll make more money and have less wear and tear or breakage.
Roy
Actually, here the larger amount prevails for income. 4-6" just melts whereas 18-24" will stay for about a week so more income that way.
I frequently travel up north to help out with their snows which so far have been 4-6 inchers. That's decent enough too but for obvious reasons, I rather stay here and play. lol
--
Laszlo Almasi

around the northwest, we are seeing warmer than usual weather. there have been a lot of local conferences and articles from the scientists warning us that global warming is a real deal and that we are starting to see the weather shifts and trends associated with that. who know??
thenewguy wrote:

I was just reading an article stating that the current prediction for this coming winter is for average temps in the USA to be about .8F lower than the 30 year average. Whats more is that prior to the mid 1930's temperatures were steadily rising. Then they started falling until about 15 years ago when they started rising again. So far temps have not exceeded the peak of the mid 30's and the rate of increase is no higher than prior to that peak. There are scientists that say no evidence of global warming exists. Only relatively short term cyclical data that doesn't tell a very big picture. Heck, the past few years the ozone hole has been shrinking which goes against the global warming theories. I just don't think anyone really knows.