Re: Tow hooks for front of '05 Ram

You are correct. The tow hooks on my 2004 Ram 2500 "Off-Road" do not stick out very far, but I did not want them too stick out as far as the Ford's.
And they are different too. I have seen Ford's hooks do a lot of damange to the rear ends of some cars when they(the cars) backed up too close. Dodge's hooks do not look like a "hook", but they work better than Ford's. I had a 2000 Ford 3/4 ton 4x4 with the hooks and they were garbarage.