Re: Upgrading Rim size

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 4x4 5.9V8. I recently upgraded my

>rims from 16 inch to 17 inch. Do I have to adjust my speedo , and if I do >How can I DIY?

It depends... did the overall tire diameter increase? If not, or if the increase was less than 5% (ie. 30" tire up to a 31"), then I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise, you can either have the dealership program a new tire size into the computer, or you can use an aftermarket device, such as the Superlift Truspeed:

Tom Lawrence