www.thesnoman.com

It coulda fit in a Pacer....
Denny

That'd be the all time fugly car.
Roy

AMC did produce the "All Time Fugly Car" but it wasn't the Pacer. It was the Matador. Photo: http://tinyurl.com/8c8z5
--
Ken

I remember it as the all time rip off...
The ads on tv wee shot from almost underneath it and at an angle to make it look like a low, wide sports car... then, when you saw one on the street, it looked totally different... and bugly..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Only if it were built to take seats that _you_ are comfortable in . . . . VBG
Budd

But not between the front wheels. The way they installed the 232 and 258 was miserable enough!!! And the 304??? Definitely NOT designed to be worked on!

You're just pissed you couldn't get the valve cover off.... <VBG>
I don't think I ever saw a 304 in one of them.
Denny

It was to accomodate the 304 that the 78 and up Pacers got the raised hood/square grille. The car was originally slated for a Wankel. A dealer in the Northern states was installing 401 HOs in them, along with the old Gremlin.

argument
of
another
an
as
the
a wankel? shoot i thought mazda was the only ones crazy enough to use that desighn! *grin*

not
much
by
A 3-rotor Wankel went 9.85 @ 133.41mph: http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID 8082 They certainly have my respect! As for the Pacer, they (sort-of) became cool when Wayne's World was released. =) IMO, it's not the ugliest AMC... the aware would have to go to the Matador or Gremlin. Bryan

owner
comparison
created
in
six
and
that
World
oh they have my respect, for the same reasons. but i also worked with the guys in the mazda shop for a while and they WOULD NOT take a rx7 on a test drive without a fire extengisher. LOL
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:24:46 -0800, "Bryan"

You mean Dick Teagues Matador coupe. The sedans and wagons were actually pretty classy.
GM was working on the Wankel, and it would have gone in a CORVETTE if it had come to be. The same engine was originally slated for the Pacer.
The Pacer was supposed to receive a twin rotor Wankel that GM was supposed to put in the Vega although I think it was supposed to be upsized to a 3 or 4 rotor version to handle the higher curb weight.
Budd

Probably not, but those things looked about 10 feet wide.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Advocate wrote:

Not really on the flames because one, the CTD is not a gas motor and two, the CTD engine is not built by Dodge either.
--

www.thesnoman.com