rear brakes locking up at low speeds when pedal is applied

Hey all,
2001 ram 1500 4x4 quad with ABS..............lateley, even at 20-25 MPH, when I give the pedal a little more pressure than normal, the rears lock up, then release....ABS light does not come on, so I don't
think it's because it's not working properly.....just had my front pads replaced with heavy-duty ones...........rears checked out ok at the inspection.....should I check the rear pads again and maybe replace?......suggestions if you please.... Thanks Charlie The OC
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Check the rear brake pads for fluid contamination.
--
Ken

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

pressure...the rears lock up, then release... rears checked out ok at the inspection...

Hey Charlie, If you have drum brakes in the rear you might want to replace the wheel cylinders, as a visual inspection cannot reveal how soft the rubber seals or spring inside have become without leaking. There are several other reasons this problem may occur, but over a post this is my best experienced advice -J