Rear Differential Speed sensor

Does anyone know if the rear differential sensor in a 97 Dakota 2WD has anything that holds it in place from the inside, like a sliding clip or anything like that? Or is it just a tight fitting O-ring?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Just an O-ring... twist and pull

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks Tom. I didn't want to deal with the lube right now if I didn't have to.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Spray it with a good penetrating oil and let it sit. That makes it a lot easier to get out. BTW, WD-40 is not a penetrating oil.

Reply to
.boB

Thanks for the advice.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Final report on this one (I hope):

New rear anti-lock brake sensor fixed the problem. Getting the right sensor was an ordeal. Truck is a '97, but the sensor and wiring harness on the truck appear to be '98. Local trans shop owner told me this isn't that unusual. Replacement part from Mopar had the terminal 180 degrees out from the original and included a short piece of harness to add the length to compensate for the change in clock position of the terminal. Glad there was a dealer open until midnight that was only a 60 mile round trip away.

Thanks again for all the information.

Ken Olson Clarksville MI

Reply to
NapalmHeart