Rear end ratios 3.21 vs 3.92

Page 3 of 3

There was a reason why DC didn't offer a 5 speed with the 360, such as the NV3500 just can't deal with the torque.

I do not agree. Typicaly the 360's were in 3/4 ton trucks is likely the main reason that 3500 were not used because the torque difference it not that great between them but the potenail load on them in a 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton is different. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

JS, The 5.2l heads, intake and exhaust manifolds are the same as the 5.9l. The 5.9l will run with your original pcm altho the timing curves are a little different. You may not pass emissions if you have it in your area. Check out hughsengines.com if you want to play with the 5.9 before you make the switch. I've used their cams several times over the years and have always been happy with the results. What I picked out as what I thought I needed and then they told me what I really needed and they were right every time.
Denny