rear end whine on '98 Ram 1500

What value????? You have to be kidding!! With crap you post, you have the BALLS to question the value of anybody's post????? That would be like me and mac demanding value from Denny's attacks on us, of course those attacks are unjustified. It is all humor, and Max's post WAS funny.;

Actually the only fault I can find with Max's post is it took to long to use the "whine". Hell it has been there for a couple of days.

Gotta help the oldest kid move, so I can't play until later. Be gentle.

Roy (hope ya find some value in this)

Reply to
Roy

Other than a bit of humor, the value is in seeing you act like an ass with a reply.

Predictable.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Sorry, I know I'm slacking as far as picking up the obvious bits of humor and commenting, but I have quite a bit to do and the weather is nice. I get the feeling that even if Tbone had both things happening to him, he'd rather argue about rear ends.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Pretty much like you just did here, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

At least TBone can figure out he's discussing a half ton dodge ram, he's entirely farther ahead of the game than Dorkboy.

JS

Reply to
JS

I think the real factor is the vehicle.

I drive a 132k mile 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 when I'm absolutely forced to. While it offers a comparatively nice quiet ride compared to my friend's

96 2500 w/ CTD, its quite obviously mechanically *very* tired.

For comparison, my friend's truck has almost 300k, he's had it in the shop a few times (trans fried a 110k, throttle issue around 200k [stuck open], and a stuck something-another cause it to not stop running one night)

Oh, and for comparison, he gets $5k+ purchase offers on his truck regularly - and the 'old-school' Cummins rattle makes half the ladies in East Texas hot. I doubt I could sell mine for much more than weight, because nobody wants a used-up gas-sucking half-ton piece-of-shit truck. Oh well - it'll serve its purpose until I get my hands on a fire truck (I need the storage, and an 80-100 ft ladder...)

JS

Reply to
JS

Dorkboy,

Realize something... You're talking about an engine with a ~3200 rpm redline and peak torque somewhere around 2400. 3400 is about the peak torque on a stock gas 360, 4000ish is the peak torque on a stock gas

318... both redline somewhere over 5k.

If you want to start a gearing penis war - my dodge has 3.21:1 gears. It also can't (and never has been able to) climb a reasonably small hill (the kind of hill I could climb in a 4 cyl nissan in 5th no problem) at

75 mph in 5th.

Was that combo on your Cummins, it'd probably gain speed going up the hill with the pedal halfway down... Well, until the NV3500 exploded (5, maybe 10 seconds)

JS

Reply to
JS

Unjustified my skinny little ass!!! You do remember who the cheapshot champion is here don't you?? Hint....He's a fricken Patriot fan that likes to watch cars go in circles and make little puny sized holes in paper. Real men shoot .30 cal or larger...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Seems a nerve was touched. Oh, real men that survive learn to hit and git and don't carry a bunch of heavy stuff like .30 cal.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Your ladies down there in East Texas are heavy duty enough that they need a Cummins to haul their fat ass around???? Damn, ole Roy will be checking out Texas instead of Fla..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I didn't realized that hit and git was a priority when punching holes in paper. I need to readjust my tactics so I don't git a papercut. About the only thing that I can think of that'd be better than the kick of a 8mm Mauser might be a Garand but I just don't have the pennys for one of them yet.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ummm Tom, you forgot to put the "smell factor" in there somewhere...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

What are you preparing for, a invasion? Your going to need some help carrying all the stuff you've been picking up.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

LOL, get real, that is area specific. Here in NC, the price of gas has dropped to around $2.65 (regular) while diesel has held at $2.89, and this is the summer, when diesel is at its cheapest and gas is approaching its highest price.

How old are you, 16?

While Tom makes a dam good argument, there is no free lunch. As more people go to diesel, the regulations on them are going to increase significantly and as for cost, the added weight will cause increased wear on drive train and suspension components and the cost to repair just about anything on a diesel is significantly more than on gas engine. He mentioned the intake plenum gasket repair but failed to mention the cost of a diesel injector pump which can and do fail every now and then.

Reply to
TBone

This from the original "wide ride"? Well I suppose being a fat ass, Denny knows what he's talking about. Although he hauls his around in a gasser.

Damn, ole Roy will be

No way Texas, Bush and Broke back Mountain. Of course there is a Bush in Fla. but he can at least form a sentence. (That should set the tone for the test of the weekend.)

Oh Rabbit, got the kid moved. What a pia!! Two trips with a 24' truck loaded full the first and about 1/2 the second. Into the hot tub first thing this morning and to the chriopractor 1st thing Tuesday morning. Sore, but it was kinda fun to get both of my son's together and watch the interaction again. House needs some work but nothing serious. Has a huge lot for metro Boston, probably could sub divide it and put up another house. Time will tell I guess.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Either you guys buying these new $45,000 diesel-duallys make a hellouva lot more money than I do or your wife works or you've won a small lottery somewhere. Tell me how you swing a $6~$700 (or higher if you were upside-down on your trade-in) truck note and still manage to eat? Are you maybe living in a rented "dubl-wahyd" in Hawbuck someplace? Four or five guys all go in together on the note? Still sponging off mom & dad? Tell me your secret please, because I want one of these too. :-)

Reply to
RamMan

Tom, if you aren't driving a friggin' suburban and throwing oil all over the undercarriage you are not with the program. I guess you gotta do the same with the sheet metal so it won't rust too. Gotta be kinda messy though.

You hit on it though. Some people just don't like a diesel. Rather than just say so and be done with it, they babble on about how expensive they are. But saying it and proving it are two different things. It is that simple, likes and dislikes. I've said before, if it were not for the Cummins I probably would not be in a Dodge.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Do you really want me to answer this??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Curious, how much is diesel? I'm going through there on the way to Fl and am trying to figure fuel stops.

Probably because the pump is warrantied for 100K. Failure of the IP has about gone away since the lift pump failure has been corrected.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

i don't know about the others but i bought mine. not a dually though but still stickered in the range you were talking. i have a job, i make a living. wasn't any harder than buying just about any other car or truck out there.

Reply to
theguy