rear end whine on '98 Ram 1500

Page 3 of 5

What are you preparing for, a invasion? <G> Your going to need some help carrying all the stuff you've been picking up.
Roy

Hmmmmmmm.....Might have to get a bigger truck.......
Denny

of
of
A man can't own too many guns or knives! I myself don't really care much for knives, so I try to make up for it in guns. ;) And bigger holes in paper are easier to see from a distance. <BFG> HD
Other than a bit of humor, the value is in seeing you act like an ass with a reply.
Predictable.
--
Max

Pretty much like you just did here, LOL!
"Max Dodge" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Tom Lawrence wrote:

I think the real factor is the vehicle.
I drive a 132k mile 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 when I'm absolutely forced to. While it offers a comparatively nice quiet ride compared to my friend's 96 2500 w/ CTD, its quite obviously mechanically *very* tired.
For comparison, my friend's truck has almost 300k, he's had it in the shop a few times (trans fried a 110k, throttle issue around 200k [stuck open], and a stuck something-another cause it to not stop running one night)
Oh, and for comparison, he gets $5k+ purchase offers on his truck regularly - and the 'old-school' Cummins rattle makes half the ladies in East Texas hot. I doubt I could sell mine for much more than weight, because nobody wants a used-up gas-sucking half-ton piece-of-shit truck. Oh well - it'll serve its purpose until I get my hands on a fire truck (I need the storage, and an 80-100 ft ladder...)
JS

Your ladies down there in East Texas are heavy duty enough that they need a Cummins to haul their fat ass around???? <BFG> Damn, ole Roy will be checking out Texas instead of Fla..
Denny

This from the original "wide ride"? Well I suppose being a fat ass, Denny knows what he's talking about. Although he hauls his around in a gasser.<VBG>
Damn, ole Roy will be

No way Texas, Bush and Broke back Mountain. Of course there is a Bush in Fla. but he can at least form a sentence. <G> (That should set the tone for the test of the weekend.)
Oh Rabbit, got the kid moved. What a pia!! Two trips with a 24' truck loaded full the first and about 1/2 the second. Into the hot tub first thing this morning and to the chriopractor 1st thing Tuesday morning.<G> Sore, but it was kinda fun to get both of my son's together and watch the interaction again. House needs some work but nothing serious. Has a huge lot for metro Boston, probably could sub divide it and put up another house. Time will tell I guess.
Roy

I gotta ask just for curiosity sake. Is there any water left in the tub after you wedge your fat ass in there?? Do you have to grease the sides so you can get out again??
this

Does he employ several pro wrestlers as assistants to roll you over??
<G> Sore, but it

It is good to get family together again, most of the time anyways.. <G>
Denny

Hold over 500 gal. Plenty of room for me. You on the other hand........

Doesn't roll me, flips me.<G>

All in all a good time.
Roy

Ummm Tom, you forgot to put the "smell factor" in there somewhere... <G>
Denny
Either you guys buying these new $45,000 diesel-duallys make a hellouva lot more money than I do or your wife works or you've won a small lottery somewhere. Tell me how you swing a $6~$700 (or higher if you were upside-down on your trade-in) truck note and still manage to eat? Are you maybe living in a rented "dubl-wahyd" in Hawbuck someplace? Four or five guys all go in together on the note? Still sponging off mom & dad? Tell me your secret please, because I want one of these too. :-)

Do you really want me to answer this??
Roy
On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:06:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dodgecity.cc wrote:

i don't know about the others but i bought mine. not a dually though but still stickered in the range you were talking. i have a job, i make a living. wasn't any harder than buying just about any other car or truck out there.

I work for a living. thats how i do it.
and no i dont live in a trailer....i live in a quite nice house, brick at that. and except for the trucks (and naturally the house) everything i own is paid for.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

I work for a living too. My AGI last year was a tad over $70k. No, not setting the world on fire, but not too bad either. Wife doesn't work outside the home, but all the kids are grown and gone. We do have one still in college, which does at time put a strain on the budget. We do not carry any month-to-month balance on any of our credit cards. Everything is fully paid for except the house. Even there our house note is comparatively small at $820/mo including taxes & insurance. We have a credit score of 805. We of course can qualify for a new truck note at the best interest rates available (credit score 805 = tier-one credit worthiness). The problem is I don't want to have to wind up living hand-to-mouth or paycheck to paycheck with no discretionary money left over just because we're slaves to a freakin' truck payment. I've not had a vehicle payment in the last 6 years so I've been out of the market for a while. When the dickens did the 3/4 and 1-ton CTD start fetching prices of $40~45 thousand? Jesus Christ!
' Your mother-in-law is hanging off the back, screaming.
writes:

own
that was the problem with me getting my truck. i got my truck fairly reasonable (around 25k i believe it was). when i went into the dodge dealer i had a set of 5 cryteria that i was looking for and told them so. also told them that anything above and beyond these cryteria was simply luxury and i wasnt willing to pay an arm and a leg to get the luxury part. (something that is apparanty out of the sales staff's vocabulary).
i wanted a 05 CTD 1 ton perferred but 3/4 would work as the 99 3/4 had done the job well. 2wd LSD crew cab 8' box
well needless to say they zeroed in on the 1 ton and kept bringing these $45K+ laramies out. granted nice trucks.... but what i was gonna use them for i just couldnt see paying that price. so again i repeated the list. they said ok and pulled another overpriced truck around. after threatening to leave and go to another dealer, they somehow figured out how to understand english again and found a 05 3/4 CTD 6speed 2wd LSD QC LWB truck with ST trim at the above price. dont let them fool you into believing that inorder to have the CTD you have to pay the outragous prices they have on some. they do still make trucks meant to work out of. but you give up the XM, leather, power everythng, carpet, bells and wistles that blow when you change lanes and what ever else they are putting in these things now.
well anyways that was my experiance getting a reasonably priced truck. good luck in your hunt.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

Thanks Chris. At $40~45K I can buy a fully dressed out Lexus ES. But I want a TRUCK and I don't want to settle for something stripped-down with a cardboard interior, manual-crank windows, rubber floor mat and a stick-shift. When we started pricing these the shocker was the *HUGE* price jump between the 1500 QC and an *equally-equipped* 2500 QC (before adding the CTD). Judas Priest!!!
I don't need leather seats or the NAV package or mega-cab, but QC, CTD and a decent freakin' radio is a requirement and I can accept the price "bump" for the engine. The 8' box would be nice, but also isn't mandatory unless I get the dually. The dually wasn't a must-have either, but taken by itself, it's only a couple grand more than SRW, so that's actually one of the more reasonable options. Okay, CTD $5500, DRW + 8' box $2200; How did that get us to $42,790 + TTL?
I have the CHRYCO "preferred pricing" deal through my employer where I can buy anything on the lot for 1% -below- invoice, but even the invoice numbers seem to be a moving target and depend on who you ask. Go to Kelly Blue Book and price it out, go to Consumer Reports pricing service and get a close similar (not exact) number, but then go into the dealer and suddenly my highest "invoice" figures are $7800 below theirs. What's wrong with this picture?
writes:

they
understand
inorder
they
leather,
lanes
good
you may be able to go to the dodge website and build a truck (with the options you want) and get a general idea of what your gonna pay for it. then keep that in mind when you talk to the dealer, most likely they are not gonna have the exact truck you built but can find/get something close. with me even the radio was optional. what i wound up with of course was radio, cloth seats, vinyl floor (witch i really wanted but wasnt insistant on). the dealers around here seem to want to go from a stripped work truck to a fully dressed larmie in the CTDs when they have a much larger variety if trim levels in the 1500. you can get that larger varity in the bigger trucks you just have to be insistant on what you want. believe me for the price diff it was well worth the hassel of getting them to understand english!
sounds to me like you want a little more than i did. stuff like the convince group, and power group, but i dont think those options alone are an arm and a leg more. like i said go to the dodge website and play around you can figure out what options out price them selves and what you need/want really quickly. heck you and even print off the info on the truck you selected and take it right to the dealer and show them exactly what your looking for. it was a really helpful tool for us.
--
-Chris
05 CTD