rear end whine on '98 Ram 1500

and if diesel is such a bad option, why did honda just announce the huge investment they are making in a 4 and 6 cyl diesel for thier cars and trucks in the future. funny why honda said in their announcement that they saw diesel as playing a huge role in the engines of the future. i guess honda doesn't know what they are doing either. they should have saved their time and energy and just asked tbone.

Reply to
theguy

Hmmmmmmm.....Might have to get a bigger truck.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I gotta ask just for curiosity sake. Is there any water left in the tub after you wedge your fat ass in there?? Do you have to grease the sides so you can get out again??

this

Does he employ several pro wrestlers as assistants to roll you over??

Sore, but it

It is good to get family together again, most of the time anyways..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Hold over 500 gal. Plenty of room for me. You on the other hand........

Doesn't roll me, flips me.

All in all a good time.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

A man can't own too many guns or knives! I myself don't really care much for knives, so I try to make up for it in guns. ;) And bigger holes in paper are easier to see from a distance. HD

Reply to
HoDad

I work for a living. thats how i do it.

and no i dont live in a trailer....i live in a quite nice house, brick at that. and except for the trucks (and naturally the house) everything i own is paid for.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

yea really.... my friends that drive the powerjokes still dont believe the MPG figures that im getting. one guy lives 4 houses down and says he's getting 13 out of his at best. calls me a liar flat out, of course i just grin and say "buy a cummins someday and find out for your self"

i also know the people that just dont like a diesel and wouldnt be caught dead near one. but they cant figure out why my 3/4 ton blows the doors off of their 1/2 tons either

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Avoid the use of charge cards! Use one in an emergency only, then pay it off.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

what's a charge/credit card???? never heard of such an animal.....

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Hell no, use them for everything and pick one that does something that you want or need like cash back or FF miles and then zero balance them every month so you don't pay any interest.

Reply to
TBone

Yup, that's true if you have the disipline to do it. Most don't and there is where 80% of the trouble starts imo.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Damn right, it's about time someone realized my genius!

Reply to
TBone

last fuel stop i made on the way to work it was 2.69 here in middle GA

and there's lots of diesel all over the state.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I work for a living too. My AGI last year was a tad over $70k. No, not setting the world on fire, but not too bad either. Wife doesn't work outside the home, but all the kids are grown and gone. We do have one still in college, which does at time put a strain on the budget. We do not carry any month-to-month balance on any of our credit cards. Everything is fully paid for except the house. Even there our house note is comparatively small at $820/mo including taxes & insurance. We have a credit score of 805. We of course can qualify for a new truck note at the best interest rates available (credit score 805 = tier-one credit worthiness). The problem is I don't want to have to wind up living hand-to-mouth or paycheck to paycheck with no discretionary money left over just because we're slaves to a freakin' truck payment. I've not had a vehicle payment in the last 6 years so I've been out of the market for a while. When the dickens did the 3/4 and 1-ton CTD start fetching prices of $40~45 thousand? Jesus Christ!

Reply to
RamMan

' Your mother-in-law is hanging off the back, screaming.

Reply to
Yenc-Post

that was the problem with me getting my truck. i got my truck fairly reasonable (around 25k i believe it was). when i went into the dodge dealer i had a set of 5 cryteria that i was looking for and told them so. also told them that anything above and beyond these cryteria was simply luxury and i wasnt willing to pay an arm and a leg to get the luxury part. (something that is apparanty out of the sales staff's vocabulary).

i wanted a 05 CTD

1 ton perferred but 3/4 would work as the 99 3/4 had done the job well. 2wd LSD crew cab 8' box

well needless to say they zeroed in on the 1 ton and kept bringing these $45K+ laramies out. granted nice trucks.... but what i was gonna use them for i just couldnt see paying that price. so again i repeated the list. they said ok and pulled another overpriced truck around. after threatening to leave and go to another dealer, they somehow figured out how to understand english again and found a 05 3/4 CTD 6speed 2wd LSD QC LWB truck with ST trim at the above price. dont let them fool you into believing that inorder to have the CTD you have to pay the outragous prices they have on some. they do still make trucks meant to work out of. but you give up the XM, leather, power everythng, carpet, bells and wistles that blow when you change lanes and what ever else they are putting in these things now.

well anyways that was my experiance getting a reasonably priced truck. good luck in your hunt.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Thanks Chris. At $40~45K I can buy a fully dressed out Lexus ES. But I want a TRUCK and I don't want to settle for something stripped-down with a cardboard interior, manual-crank windows, rubber floor mat and a stick-shift. When we started pricing these the shocker was the *HUGE* price jump between the

1500 QC and an *equally-equipped* 2500 QC (before adding the CTD). Judas Priest!!!

I don't need leather seats or the NAV package or mega-cab, but QC, CTD and a decent freakin' radio is a requirement and I can accept the price "bump" for the engine. The 8' box would be nice, but also isn't mandatory unless I get the dually. The dually wasn't a must-have either, but taken by itself, it's only a couple grand more than SRW, so that's actually one of the more reasonable options. Okay, CTD $5500, DRW + 8' box $2200; How did that get us to $42,790 + TTL?

I have the CHRYCO "preferred pricing" deal through my employer where I can buy anything on the lot for 1% -below- invoice, but even the invoice numbers seem to be a moving target and depend on who you ask. Go to Kelly Blue Book and price it out, go to Consumer Reports pricing service and get a close similar (not exact) number, but then go into the dealer and suddenly my highest "invoice" figures are $7800 below theirs. What's wrong with this picture?

Reply to
RamMan

you may be able to go to the dodge website and build a truck (with the options you want) and get a general idea of what your gonna pay for it. then keep that in mind when you talk to the dealer, most likely they are not gonna have the exact truck you built but can find/get something close. with me even the radio was optional. what i wound up with of course was radio, cloth seats, vinyl floor (witch i really wanted but wasnt insistant on). the dealers around here seem to want to go from a stripped work truck to a fully dressed larmie in the CTDs when they have a much larger variety if trim levels in the 1500. you can get that larger varity in the bigger trucks you just have to be insistant on what you want. believe me for the price diff it was well worth the hassel of getting them to understand english!

sounds to me like you want a little more than i did. stuff like the convince group, and power group, but i dont think those options alone are an arm and a leg more. like i said go to the dodge website and play around you can figure out what options out price them selves and what you need/want really quickly. heck you and even print off the info on the truck you selected and take it right to the dealer and show them exactly what your looking for. it was a really helpful tool for us.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I can give a 05 price on my truck. 2500 SLT CTD QC short box 4X4 most of the toys, no leather or sexy factory radio. List was $42K paid iirc $33K

Roy

Reply to
Roy