Rear (not over the axle) Air Bag

I saw a Dodge 3500 with a rear air bag which was located at the rear of the springs, not over the axle. I spoke with the owner who tows a 5th and he said it was the smoothest ride with or without the trailer he ever had. He stood on the bumper and jumped up/down to show how much it moved with just his weight (~175# from poor guesser).

I don't remember the manufacturer and probably won't ever see the guy again. I've spent lots of time DAGS with no luck.

Anybody know of any setup like this?

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

It was likely a Kelderman system, very popular with RV'ers. They have ads in Trailer Life every month. "Love the truck? Hate the ride?" or sumpin' like that.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Have you heard any pros or cons on them, Mike?

I'm considering a set up like that to replace a sagging rear suspension on my Class "C".

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

After 135k miles, I love the truck and love the ride. I had the comfort of my first wife in mind as I plan on holding on to this truck (03 2500 CTD) for another 4-5 years or so. Talked to her about it tonight over dinner and she reminded me she really doesn't mind the ride as long as we don't do the all day driving for days and days.

And then, she asked if we had the 'extra' money as she held up a ringless finger... how do I ever walk into these things...

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

No, I really know nothing more that what I see in the ads. None of my RV buddies have the system, nor do I. IIRC, they are a tad pricey tho'

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

hmm.. never good to get waved at one finger at a time..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hey, Mac.

It was just waving, not saluting. It's all good. How's it going down there in South Mexico, Bro? Still making sawdust? I haven't been able to talk the first wife into crossing the border yet, but it will come in time.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Thanks, Mike. I'll do some research, but I'll probably go with helper bags on the stock suspension.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

SOUTH? We're like south YUMA..lol Only 120 miles from Calexico/El Centro... almost in Cali..

Mostly shavings, though in the last year I've picked up a table saw and planer.. Just laid out $2,500 for a new lathe, so hope business is VERY good this year!

will come in time.

Well, if it makes it easier on her, we usually meet guests in Calif. and either pick them up or have them follow us home.. Nan's always looking for an excuse to go shopping in the States and we're only about 2 1/2 hours from the border..