Rebuilt my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Transmission.......Having Problems !

When it shifts out of 2nd , it quits pulling...like it's in Neutral.....but if you hold the gas to the floor then it'll shift ..but when you let up it
won't kick into overdrive.......When you first put it in gear ..it pulls but it don't shift until you hit a high RPM........Has anyone else had a problem like this................I'd appreciate any advice ...I've been working on this for 2 days............Thanks and God Bless..
My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 has a similar problem.Shifts from 1st to 2nd ok. bangs into 3rd won't shift into 4th until 55 mph. Shottenkirh Dodge in Quincy Il. worked on it for 3 months and gave it back and said they couldn't fix the problem. Little Jess Dodge in Edina had it for 6 weeks and gave it back in the same condition.
Good luck on yours.
I just live with it.

Neutral.....but
but
problem
I am soooooo glad that I got the 5 speed. Too bad that even there, they used an underrated transmission. Anything to save a buck, I guess.

"Sillysam" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

No, they use a trans that is not rated at enough capacity. The way you said it, the trans was racted below its ability.
Remember what I said about a grasp of the language?
This has been a random reminder of my existance, you may go back to your usual ineptitude.
--
Max