REC Navigation Stereo any good?

I'm thinking about adding the REC 6disc GPS head unit to my truck. Anyone here have one to share opinions on it?

How are the maps, easy to read? Is it easy to enter addresses considering there is no keypad?

I have heard that while driving the Nav address entering functions are disabled to prevent the driver from fussing while driving. Is this true? Seems to me the passenger should be able to look up addresses while on the road.

Is the sound quality any better than with the RAQ head units? I find the RAQ way too bassy and weak midrange. I have decent speakers and amp so my guess its the head unit itself.

Reply to
miles

I've had a good/bad experience with mine.

When I bought my 06 pickup, the original one was broken and wouldn't recognize the system dvd disk (nothing works without loading the system first). The dealer ordered another one but the disk changer on that one was locked up and couldn't load any CD's. The third time I got a good one and am delighted with it.....so far. The mp3 function works very well but the changer is a little slow to change disks. It works well once it spins up and reads the new disk. The nav system is pretty good at re-routing your course once you deviate from the recommended route which isn't always the best choice. Mine has the steering wheel controls which is very handy.

Time will tell if the thing keeps working. Personally, I have my doubts as to the longevity of the unit, but then I'm a hopeless pessimistic.....

Reply to
no