Receptacle for trailer Brake Controller

Got a brand new 2006 quad cab. The blue receptacle for the brake controller is not all that easy to access as there is a big bundle of cables associated
with the big plug right below the brake controller plug blocking the access to the blue brake controller receptacle. I managed to get the controller plugged in but it was tight. Now I'd like to unplug it and route the wire a little nicer but I'll be darned if I can get it out. You darn near have to stand on your head to work on it where they have the plug located. Very hard to get both hands up in there. It appears that there is a lock for the plug on top and I push on it with everything I've got while trying to separate the plug from the receptacle but it just won't come loose.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Daniel Ward
2318 Thomas