Recommended spark plugs for 5.9L

Its been a while since I had a chance to read any discussions in this group and I'll apologize from the start if this starts something that it wasn't meant to start

I have a 96 Ram CC 2WD with the 5.9L. Usually I go and have a tune up peformed which usually costs about $60.00 ubt recently I changed my cap, rotors, and wires and if I could do that job myself then changing the plugs should be no problem as well

Before I go out and by just something from Pep Boys or Auto Zone, I wanted to see what others have tried and the results they had.

I heard a radio commercial about some new high efficient plug from Autolite and wondered if anyone tried it or someother non-stock type and how it worked

Thanks for all the comments

Chris

96 Ram CC 2WD with 5.9L and all the trimmings
Reply to
raminator96

I myself use the Bosch plugs and have had nothing but good performance from them so far. 2001, 2500 QC 4x4 w/360.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Use the Bosch + plugs and not worry about gap.

I uesd the +4s before though run 6$ a pop

Reply to
GeekBoy

I've never liked the Bosch platinum plugs. I prefer the Champion truck plugs but I don't know the exact part number for the 5.9L.

Reply to
miles

This was posted here back in 2001. I use them and have no complaints or pinging.

It's hard to beat Autolite 3924 plugs (3923 if you have pinging) for the Dodge 5.2L and 5.9L engines. They perform better than many of the very expensive plugs. And.... you can get 'em at WallyWorld for very cheap (except the 3923 plugs, you might have to go to NAPA to get those).

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I use the same. My 3.9 pinged all the time. They used a common plug between the 5.2 and 3.9 and the v6 developed the pig more because of the increased heat produced on a V6. Did a few forum searching and found out the common problem is the heat range is a bit too high on the plug. Went the auto light one range cooler and that solved the problem all together.

Reply to
Scott S.

Here is a few good sites for Dakotas.

Hope this helps fix the ping.

Reply to
Scott S.

Exactly.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

PS: I won't even use autolite in my lawnmower, my opinion of champion isn't too far behind that either....cheers, Joe

Reply to
Joe Brophy

Ditto.

Reply to