Red-r-Green?

It's tune up time for the '03 CTD so I stopped by the dealer to pick up some coolant. Yeah, I know, everyone sells coolant cheaper than the dealer but I don't want to put the wrong stuff in.

I told the parts guy what truck I had and he asks me "Red-r-Green?"

I turned my head towards the full height window, out to my Forest Green 2500 and back to him and asked "What?" cause I couldn't figure out what the color had to do with it.

Of course, it was the color of the coolant and they were not compatible with eachother. I looked in the overflow and it is so far down there I couldn't tell. So, now that it is 4 hours later and my truck is cooler, I check and it looks orangy red. I'll pick some up tomorrow.

Long story short, why couldn't he tell what fluid was made for the truck? Did they switch mid year? Make it out of local red chillis south of the border?

FMB (N Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

yeah, and by the way there is orange and gold too. is your reddish orange red or orange?...hmmm tell you what, skip the dealer, go to your favorite parts store and pick up some thats compatible with all systems. then you don't have to guess...might just be a tad cheaper too. less stressful anyway.

FMB wrote:

Reply to
avatnar