Remote start

I am thinking about putting a remote starter in my 2005 dakota, problem is the one I got is aftermarket (from another vehicle...I took it off and am reinstalling on this one). I can't decide if, to save the
warranty on the electrical system from being voided, I should buy a new mopar branded one, or just wait and install this one after 3 yr/36000 miles. Has anyone used the mopar remote starter? From what I can tell it does not include Keyless entry or alarm features which I also want to add.
Any suggestions or advice about the Mopar starter or if I should wait or not is appreciated. Thank you
Also, Has anyone had any really hard times with Dodge's electrical systems?
i installed an after market one in my 1999 dakota, one year in, without any problems.

Hi Kevin, You don't say what the remote starter is off of, or do you know what it will work on? Anyway bad Idea for the 2005, or any model that has a "Pass Key or Chip", because you will need to mount an extra pass key near the ignition for the remote start to work. And yes, it will VOID your warranty if the technician decides that the remote start is what caused a problem.