REMOTE START KIT

Anyone have a great experience with a remote start kit and self installation? Please advise Brand, #'s and details: 05 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with factory keyless entry (gas 5.7 Hemi)

In article <e13cfbbe92bcc4a0a7233f23f2c35da0

I wouldn't do it myself. Let someone who has done tons of them do it. My 03 ram has a Viper starter in it, the third vehicle done at the same local place by the same guy. He never even opened the installation stuff, he just did it. This time of year, they really do a ton of them.
if you haven't dealt with the place before, check them out at the BBB website. If they have been around for a while, they will probably be ok anyway, as word gets out quick.
BDK
As an installer, I would NEVER recommend that you do this yourself. You are looking at about a 3 hour job and they are not easy. You will have to cut the starter wire for it to split the relay (as an example of part of the installation)
The first thing I have to ask is what type of tranny do you have? In most places there are legal aspects you MUST consider before you install a remote start on a manual tranny. It is against the law in some states to do this.
As for brands, I would not recommend anything from DEI. We have used them in the past and had less then a 50/50 satisfaction rate.
says...

Doesn't DEI make most of them? I know Clifford, Viper, and a couple more are made by DEI. Never really had much of a problem with any of the three, except this one needed the "brains" replaced when the blower quit when in remote start. Took a half hour and was free under warranty.
BDK
says...

I have a Chapman on my truck. No problems thus far. Haven't any idea who makes it though.
Roy
Yeah, DEI does make a lot of the alarm/remote start set ups out there. We use TRC and Warlock. Both of there high end set ups include the basic alarm, door lock, ignition kill and remote start, plus an FM based pager with about a 1/2 mile range.
says...

I think I heard of Warlock, not TDC. I'll have to keep it in mind for the next vehicle. I have no idea who sells it around here. I'll have to search for it..
BDK
I will look again tomorrow but, I believe TRC is made by Omega
says...