Removing Rubbery Badges

i was starting to remove the badges on the side of my 97 Dakota,so i could re-paint them, i thought that these badges would be solid. but when i heated them up to remove them they are fexible and almost like
rubber. I dont know if these can be removed like the solid badges or if they wont hold shape when they are removed. anyone had previous Experience with doing this?