Replacing anti-sway bar bushings

Replacing the front anti-sway bar bushings on my 2000 dodge 3500 Ram Van with polyurethane ones has been on my to-do list for a while. A couple of
days ago while browsing in Auto Zone, I picked up a pack of 1 1/4 inch polyurethane bushings. On my way to the counter to pay for them, I read the back of the package. It said very clearly in bold black letters NOT FOR FULL SIZE TRUCKS. The counterman confirmed that I should not use them, but had no others for me. I have looked at the bushings on a number of web sites and none have mentioned any size vehicle, just the diameter of the bar. I always thought the only issue was to get the correct diameter size. Questions 1) Has anyone come across this issue? 2) If I order over the internet, can I be assured to get the correct size? 3) Anyone know of a good source of these? Any advise/comments(+) will be appreciated. bill

BillyGoat wrote:

Try Hellwig or Addco.
Don't use plastic bushings. Go to Dodge and buy the correct part. They are high density rubber for a reason. They are compliance bushings. They provide control without rattles and wear. Plastic will induce wear, noise and create rattles throughout the truck along with the added risk of control loss when they shatter under load. It never ceases to amaze me how many people know more more than the design engineers that build these things. It is a common thing for racers to change to polyurethane because it reduces chassis set time under heavy lateral acceleration, but they race at a track, not on streets with pot holes. Steve