<REQ>Please reply with my 04 Dakota 4x4 SLT 4.7l Automatic QuadCab Issues? PR

Trans/Engine

-high revs on the engine w/low speed from trans. 15-20 seconds after start. fix is to "keep driving" until it stops. restart does not help. feels and sounds like gears or in "low". no codes reported bad from dealer.

Spray in Liners

-vs moulded plastic

-ArmorGuard Spray-in-Liner

Road Noise

-Severe at 80. wheel-balance checked. "windy" sound.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
<<stigoi> rightback

Sounds like your tranny is slipping. When was the last time you checked/changed the transmission fluid? How many miles on the truck?

Go with a spray in liner. I prefer Line-x. Do a google search on spray in vs. plastic. It has been discussed numerous times in many groups.

Not sure the relati> Trans/Engine

Reply to
miles

wrote in news:eWOSf.2735$nQ6.590@clgrps13:

Well doc'd in this group, the tranny is just warming up, its fans you hear in tranny. Mine does it on colder days on first start and go. Idling to warm up only warms engine - not tranny.

no help on rest :-) ron

Reply to
Ron

no help on rest :-) ron

========= =========

Not any good help anyways........

What fans in the tranny?

and.......

how do you know he doesn't live in Key West? (where it's not so cold right now)

any whooo...

jest curious.

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

"Marsh Monster" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Thats how one of the gurus here called them, maybe better to say impellars ? Lots of whirring and engine feels like its straining ....

If they get dew in the morning then its just as cool as here...

Reply to
Ron

Where's here?

~:~ marshmonster ~:~