rhinoliner concerns

Nathan W. Collier

A very sloppy job, compared to my '01.

Question for the manager: If they couldn't do it right the first time, whats to make it better if and when they redo it?

Rick

Reply to
Yofuri

:^)

Reply to
Sparkle

That will be a problem to correct once the stuff is on you damn near have to blast it off. Ask the installer to correct the problem if he cant negotiate a refund, if he won't budge contact the Franchise Head Quarters and see what they can do. And if all else fails threaten to take the installer to court.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Suddenly, without warning, Nathan W. Collier exclaimed (3/15/2006 3:35 AM):

Well, they did a much better job spraying my Dakota's bed, but if they'd done the job they did on yours I'm pretty sure I'd not have complained, and if I had I would have done it before I pulled away. I looked at the job very carefully before I paid them - like you, for that kind of money I want something close to perfection. I'm very happy with mine...

Of course, my comparison was with the Line-X dealer in the area, and he generally did a truly crappy job.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

from rhinoliner customer service:

Greetings Mr. Collier,

Rhino Linings USA, Inc. would like to say thank you for taking the time to notify us of the problems you had with your liner and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you would please provide me with the name and location of the Rhino Linings authorized dealer that sprayed your liner, I would be more than happy to send them a letter of complaint.

Please note each Rhino Linings dealership is independently owned and operated. Therefore, the original spraying dealer is responsible for any repair work. As long as it falls under their warranty guidelines, they should acknowledge the warranty. If you, as the customer is unable to or does not wish to go to the original spraying dealer, the owner of the original spraying dealership should make arrangements for another dealer to do the repair work, however he/she is under no obligation to do so.

If you should require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sarah Consumer Assistance Representative Rhino Linings, USA

9151 Rehco Road San Diego, CA 92121 snipped-for-privacy@rhinolinings.com

...so in other words, they wont do shit about it.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Did you speak to the dealer that sprayed the liner and showed him the problems you have. To be honest, I think that they did a pretty good job up to where the overspray on the front lip. There is simply no excuse for that. If nobody is willing to help you, I would cross post this letter along with the dealers address and a link to the poor job to all of the automotive news groups and post it on your web site as well and notify both the dealer and the company of your intentions if nothing is done. Hell X-Line all the way :-)

Reply to
TBone

exactly. this job is simply negligent at best.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

when the weather clears up ill take some high-resolution pictures. ill bet youll feel otherwise once you see it up close.

heh.....im making a web page for publication for that exact reason. ill give rhinoliner an opportunity to make it right before i really get pissed, but i dont want that dealer touching it again.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I have a Line-X spray liner and it has nothing like you show in the photos. There is no overspray and the lines are crisp and even. I would say that you got a lousy job and I would pursue it to get them go either correct it or give you a partial refund at least. Another poster mentioned how hard it would be to correct the problem considering how hard the liner is. I agree and really don't know how they could do it.

Don Dunlap

Reply to
Don Dunlap

Let me tell you what I think about the spray in liners. I had a truck with a spray in liner, I loaned the truck to my brother who moved some stuff. some time during this move my wheel well got a huge dent in it. Liner and all. The liner wasn't hurt, but the dent was there. Some protection. the only fix was to have the wheel well removed and the liner sprayed back on the well. This was all done. Now the well is darker than the rest of the bed and looks like crap. I know its a truck, but its a $30K truck and I want it be nice. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gotten a under rail bed liner when I got the truck. I could have removed it to fix the dent. Better still, it would have hidden the dent. No more spray in liners, you can't change your mind later.

Reply to
gunbunny31

Maybe, let me know when you post them on your site.

The problem is that I don't think that they have any company owned dealers and if you don't want the installing dealer to touch it, what exactly do you expect them to do? Don't get me wrong, I agree with your not accepting things the way they are but if you tie their hands, they can and will do nothing, other than sue you so be careful.

Reply to
TBone