rhinoliner concerns

http://inlinediesel.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID 4 <-- pics and description of problem.
thanks,

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

A very sloppy job, compared to my '01.
Question for the manager: If they couldn't do it right the first time, whats to make it better if and when they redo it?
Rick

exactly. this job is simply negligent at best.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

:^)
That will be a problem to correct once the stuff is on you damn near have to blast it off. Ask the installer to correct the problem if he cant negotiate a refund, if he won't budge contact the Franchise Head Quarters and see what they can do. And if all else fails threaten to take the installer to court.
Coasty

"Coasty" <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message
...so in other words, they wont do shit about it.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
"Nathan W. Collier" < snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.com> wrote in message

when the weather clears up ill take some high-resolution pictures. ill bet youll feel otherwise once you see it up close.

heh.....im making a web page for publication for that exact reason. ill give rhinoliner an opportunity to make it right before i really get pissed, but i dont want that dealer touching it again.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Maybe, let me know when you post them on your site.

The problem is that I don't think that they have any company owned dealers and if you don't want the installing dealer to touch it, what exactly do you expect them to do? Don't get me wrong, I agree with your not accepting things the way they are but if you tie their hands, they can and will do nothing, other than sue you so be careful.

Suddenly, without warning, Nathan W. Collier exclaimed (3/15/2006 3:35 AM):

Well, they did a much better job spraying my Dakota's bed, but if they'd done the job they did on yours I'm pretty sure I'd not have complained, and if I had I would have done it before I pulled away. I looked at the job very carefully before I paid them - like you, for that kind of money I want something close to perfection. I'm very happy with mine...
Of course, my comparison was with the Line-X dealer in the area, and he generally did a truly crappy job.
jmc

I have a Line-X spray liner and it has nothing like you show in the photos. There is no overspray and the lines are crisp and even. I would say that you got a lousy job and I would pursue it to get them go either correct it or give you a partial refund at least. Another poster mentioned how hard it would be to correct the problem considering how hard the liner is. I agree and really don't know how they could do it.
Don Dunlap
Let me tell you what I think about the spray in liners. I had a truck with a spray in liner, I loaned the truck to my brother who moved some stuff. some time during this move my wheel well got a huge dent in it. Liner and all. The liner wasn't hurt, but the dent was there. Some protection. the only fix was to have the wheel well removed and the liner sprayed back on the well. This was all done. Now the well is darker than the rest of the bed and looks like crap. I know its a truck, but its a $30K truck and I want it be nice. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gotten a under rail bed liner when I got the truck. I could have removed it to fix the dent. Better still, it would have hidden the dent. No more spray in liners, you can't change your mind later.