ride rite air bag - 2001.5 Ram 2500

i am attempting to install a set of ride rite air bags in my 2001.5 ram 2500 4x4. see
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7926/55597713.jpgfor a picture
of the bag sitting on top of the spring pack. this is without the bracket in place that would make it even higher. this isnt going to work. anybody ever successfully installed one of these kits in a comparable truck? i had NO problems installing the ride rites in my '05 or my '08 ram, but this just isnt happening on my '01.5. thanks,
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
btw, the bed is EMPTY.

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

I would think you need to remove the factory overloads and its spacer. Maybe call the manufacturer?
--
Steve W.

spoke with ride rite today. they recommended using kit 2220 which is actually for a '98 2500 with overload springs. they stated that their 2071 kit (for my year model) "fits most trucks but some require the 2220". i dont know what the difference would be, unless "most" 2500s didnt have overload springs.
removing the factory overloads is also an option, but since air bags CAN rupture i want the overloads as a backup.
im actually not bothered at all about having to use the 2220, its a no-drill install unlike the 2071. since i have enough since to pre-fit everything before drilling anything, i caught it before drilling 8 holes in my frame.
thanks, Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Nathan, can you post a picture of the final install (when you get it done) with the kit? Maybe with a wider view?
I've a 2004 2500 and really want to add somethign like this for winter time use when I've got the blasted thing loaded to the max with sand...

absolutely sir, however you wont need to wait. the kit for your 2004 is the same as the kit i put in my 2005 as well as my 2008. i already have pictures of it somewhere, ill see what i can find. its a GREAT addition to any truck that is actually used like a truck.
ill be in touch after i find them.
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Thanks. I often will end up with 1-2K lb in sand in the rear (boy, does that help traction!) but then it squats something bad with the stock setup.

youre welcome. see http://inlinediesel.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID 00 for pictures and a brief description of the installation process.
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Thanks, that was just what I wanted to see. Now I have another summer project to do. <g>

more like a lunch-break project, as it really goes in fast and easy.
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Right, it'll probably take me longer to get it on the lift than to install the air bags!

honestly it goes so fast that (unless there is a medical reason of some type of physical limitation) i probably wouldnt even bother with putting it on the lift. i wish all mods that were this effective were this easy to install.
ive purchased about a half dozen of these kits now for various trucks and the best pricing ive found is through summit racing (under $250, currently). the "no drill" kits are typically very easy to install.
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com