rough take off

I have a 2000 CTD 4x4 2500 and have asked for help on more than once or twice. You guys have been very helpful. I started to notice that when I take off from a complete stop I feel a swift jerk. I feels as if the
truck is not completly in gear and when I take off it jerks into gear,
Sometimes it is a soft jerk and sometimes it can be kinda harsh. When the truck is cold say like in the morning, it does not do it. Only after the truck warms up a bit.
I have been told that "it" can be adjusted but I don't know what " it " is. Also it was told to me that it could be a u-joint but there is no play it the drive shaft. I have seen posts about adjusting the bands in the tranny. Could that be the problem and if so how hard and expensive is that?
Any ideas? Also about what RPM should the truck shift to overdrive ? I know it shifts around 45 50 mph but what RPM should I be at ? Before I replaced the TPS, vehicle speed sensor, and everything else to fix the TCC Shuttlering, it would fall into O/D 1800 RPM's but now it's more like 2150 Rpm's. Is that about right?
One last question-- What is CRD ? I know CTD, but not CRD?
None of this has caused any codes in the computer.
Thanks to All

CRD = Common Rail Diesel ?
FMB (North Mexico)

Okay - couple of things. If you're stopped, brake applied, transmission in 'D'rive, and you let off the brake, will the truck move, or do you have to give it some throttle to get it to move? Is this when the 'jerk' occurs? Can you avoid the jerking if you very slowly apply throttle?

I'm thinking you've got an internal leak in the transmission, causing a lack of line pressure, and a bit of clutch slippage. As you apply throttle, you're also operating the throttle valve, which is raising line pressure, causing the clutches to grab. It would be the equivalent of you taching the engine up to 2000RPM in neutral, then dropping it into drive. The torque converter will still take up most of the drivetrain shock, but you're still going to feel the truck lurch.

Doubtful, as neither the front nor rear band come into play on initial acceleration. You're in first gear, so the front band isn't applied (only applied in 2nd gear). And unless you're in manual '1', the rear band isn't applied, either.

Common Rail Diesel - refers to the engine in the Jeep Liberty

If I let the truck creep long enough there is not jerk. Yes the very slow throttle will lessen the jerk and sometimes make it go away.
Is there anything else that could be adjusted to make this go away?

Okay - next question. Does it do it in reverse, as well? What about it you start out in manual '1' - will it jerk then?
Tom Lawrence wrote:

I have not checked this but I will and let you know ASAP .
Tom Lawrence wrote:

it creeps long enough then it will not jerk. It will definately lessen the jerk after it creeps.
Is there any adjustments that can be made?
Thank You