Rusted out brake lines

Page 1 of 5
In the last few months, I have had to replace four sections of brake line.....
130,000 miles on a 97 Ram 1500......
A word to the wise.....inspect your brake lines!

A better rule is to change your fluid every couple of years and to paint everything not painted by the factory BEFORE you drive it. Steve

Yep, works for me too.
Coasty

And never park in the long grass.
Had to do the same thing (only 1 for me so far), same year and less miles. Funny how my 89 Nissan still has its original steel lines and there just fine. I guess that it's just another DC or at the time Chrysler method of increasing profits at the customers expense.

"Lineman" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yup, couldn't have anything to do with the dozens of other variables, like conditions, design, aerodynamics under the truck, etc.
Has to be quality control and an effort to rip off the customer.....
--
Max

Funny how my '95 lines, in just as crappy weather, have managed to hold out for over 100K, with my just replacing the flex lines as a matter of PM (rather than necessity).
I think TBone's truck just doesn't like him.... go figure.

My '95 is just over 100K and are just fine but they have been very easy miles, no salt from plowing snow, no dirt and mud from pulling wagons out of the fields ect. You all have never seen a truck babied such as mine. <G>
Denny

Haulin' your fat ass around.<VBG>
Roy

Denny

Well gee, I guess that I'm wrong, after all, 97 and 95 are the same year, right? Hey, wait a minute, you tried to fool me, they are not the same year but after all, nothing ever changes from one year to the next, right Tom!?!?! Funny, but the 93 doesn't look like mine and the steering wheel on the 98 doesn't have those damn horn buttons like my 97 does so I guess that things do change but there would never be a reason to make changes to increase profits now, would there. But hey, wait, didn't they merge (become acquired) by Daimler shortly after 97 and the better they look (higher profits), the more money they (board members) get but we all know that these things only take a few weeks from conception to hammer out and the boards only concern is customer happiness even at their personal cost, right Tom?

That's right Tbutt, they change everything one year to the next just to fuck you up, moron.

Did you sneak past your mommy to play with her computer again? Grow up asshole.

TBone wrote:

Ahh...those rich greedy republican business owners are only greedy certain years eh?

Are you really this stupid miles! Oh, who am I kidding, of course your not, you just hope that most of the others are. The problem is that most of these greedy business owners are not really republicans, they are just scum that votes on the republican ticket because the republican party and its smaller government beliefs makes it easier to rip off the common man. And yes, with the possibility growing for a takeover and big bucks getting into their pockets, your damn right that they can be greedier one year over another. It also takes time to make decisions where cost cutting can be made without being obvious and more time after that to implement those changes so yea, one year can be better than another and if you are not bright enough to even understand this, I feel sorry for your customers, that is if you actually have any.

TBone wrote:

That was just too priceless TBone. I'm sure others got a good laugh too.
miles wrote:

Especially the part about the Republican party and it's smaller government beliefs.

Nah - it's all about the Germans. Just like when they bombed Pearl Harbor, they forced Dodge to use sub-standard brake lines. "Ve vant you to use zee crappy lines for zee Amerikaner vehicles, yah?"

Is this really the best that you can do and completely incorrect at that. Zee Germans did not own Dodge in 97 and when exactly did Germany bomb Pearl Harbor??? Do you know for a fact that they didn't use a slightly lower quality material in 97 in an attempt to cut costs? It is possible that they just got a bad batch of line in 97 but with other things such as delaminating paint and bad bearings in the 9 1/4 rear as well as other quality problems I am thinking more toward the first reason. BTW, I see that your noise levels are reaching all new highs, welcome to the club.

It's called sarcastic humor... YOU were the one that made this claim:
TBone> But hey, wait, didn't they merge (become TBone> acquired) by Daimler shortly after 97 and the TBone> better they look (higher profits), the more money TBone> they (board members) get

Wow.... if you can't figure that one out, well... I ain't explaining it to you.