Rusted out brake lines

Page 2 of 5

Where is it wrong? Did Germany have control of the company yet and if not..... I understand it's humor and is often used when one cannot backup their previous claims.

Yea, because you can't and this was humor as well, only not being used to cover previous posts.

Better humor than more bullshit and outright lies when you make a claim you can't back up.
First you made the claim that it was Dodge using junk brake lines to increase profits. Then, once called on that claim, you decide to blame it on ownership (be it German or American) and throw a bunch of "well, it COULD be...." crap.
Face it, steel brake line is... well, steel brake line. Its mild steel. Its the diameter that it is, its all made the same, and I'd bet there are less than ten suppliers in the world, if that many.
For those that think certain vehicles have a problem with the brake lines, I say hogwash. Its STEEL BRAKE LINE, and its under a vehicle, in water, dirt and generally ugly circumstances, IT WILL RUST. ALL vehicles should be checked regularly, and in PA, inspection requires it.
Now, go on with your argument that mild steel is different somehow, and that PA has different regs, and whatever other stupid diversionary tactics you can barf up.
--
Max

In order to call it a lie, you need to prove me wrong and you have yet to do that but don't worry, I'll wait while you dance.

Really, who called me on it and how? Yea, I made the claim and none of you have proven me wrong or it impossible. I gave valid possibilities while all you did was spin and make a fool out of yourself once again by dancing for me.

LOL, brake line comes in different diameters as well as materials and while there may be a limited number of suppliers, I would bet that each one has different grades of material and related costs for them.

So what. I have yet to have a vehicle besides this one lose a metal brake line just like this was the first vehicle that I owned that lost a rear diff bearing and the only one with this delaminating problem, all cost cutting quality control issues. Since the lines will be exposed to the conditions that you listed, they should be made of a material that can deal with it and up to this vehicle, every other one that I owned did, including my 18 year old Dart, my 23 year old Falcon, and my 22 year old T/A.

If you think that all mild steel is of the same quality and corrosion resistance then you are an idiot. Hell, I'm arguing with someone that called corrosion decomposition, LOL.

[...]

Hey, could ya post this again, I didn't get it the first two times......
Only one dancing is you.... same steps, same out of time music. Dealing in woulda, coulda, shoulda, is easy. Bring some facts, not assumptions and far flung reaches of fantasy, and you'll be doing some sort of work.
I've seen many vehicles, all sorts of makes and models, with brake line failure due to rust.
All brake line is made to withstand certain pressures, otherwise, there is no difference in the steel used to make it.
Plainly stated, you are grasping for suppositions, making claims, and lacking facts.
Fact is, brake line rusts because it is steel. Conditions dictate its longevity, not materials. If you think your conditions between vehicles are close, you should check out the similarity of the steel from one brake line to another. I guarantee its closer than your supposedly equal conditions for the vehicles.
The only issue not resolved at this point is when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Have fun figuring that out.
--
Max

Sure, if you really need me to.

The facts are there, my 97 rotted the brake lines and so did the other poster. The other people that said theirs were fine were both 95's. While it is not an outstanding number it is still 2 more than you have.

Sure you have, just like you saw all of those vehicles apply pressure to the TB on an hydraulic chutch due to air in the system when the system had nothing else wrong with it, LOL.

Hahahahaha, care to back this up? They need to comply with minimum strength and possible corrosion resistance minimums and to go higher and / or last longer costs more money. There are many grades of steel rated in both makup, QC, and cost that can meet these standards and if you think differently....

I have some facts backing me up. You OTOH, are completely full of shit. You seem to think that all steel is the same but have nothing to back this pure bullshit up.

And there are many grades of steel that can meet the minimum strength requirements that have different corrosion resistance at different costs.

Complete bullshit but feel free to prove this, I'll wait and laugh.

I don't have the labratory equipment available to do that and neither do you but I don't have to, the proof is in the pudding.

Since it never happened...

Sure it did. You just don't understand when. But you're on a roll.....
--
Max

Sure it did. You just don't understand when. But you're on a roll.....
--
Max

Back to the double posting I see and just after you jump on me for doing it, LOL. If you think so, then back it up or shut up as you say to me.

I don't give a damn if you quadruple post, I just like to see you get wadded up about it.
And yes, I think you are on a roll. Its not over till we say its over.
So when did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor?
--
Max

Sure ya do or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Really, who is the we that you are talking about?

NEVER!

The Brothers of Delta House.

Nope, Bluto says it happened, and you are on a roll, so.... let it go.
--
Max

LOL, with the crap that you come up with, I can see how you would take what was said in an old comedy as fact.

See, I told you he thought I belived it, not you.
--
Max

Some links...
http://64.90.169.191/applications/automotive/brake.html
http://64.90.169.191/applications/automotive/931028-automotive-bra ke-tube.html
http://www.fedhillusa.com/pages/709975/index.htm
TBone wrote:

You first have to prove yourself right or at least give some credible evidence of such. Instead all you offer is your one single puny personal results. Then claim you're right about making generalized claims about an entire company or brand for a given year. lol. Some funny stuff right there! You have no credibility TBone so making a bonehead statement and then demanding to be proven wrong is absurd.

It was not just my personal results but for the metal lines to fail in less than 8 years shows some real second rate materials being used and with the rear bearing problems and delamination problems that MANY have posted about in here, as they say, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

It is what it is miles even if you don't want to hear it.

I really hate to burst your bubble there miles but you really fair no better in the credibility department.

...its probably Tbone's mouth flappin' in the breeze.
--
Max

...its probably Tbone's mouth flappin' in the breeze.
--
Max

TBone wrote:

If there were that many cases it would show up on NHTSA's list of owner complaints. It does not. If it is not just your say so, then prove it. Show me some real figures other than your own since you say there are so many. Like you say, if it walks like a duck then show me the quack...oh wait, you already quacked.