Rusted out brake lines

Page 3 of 5  


less
the
about
Give it time pinhead, mine just failed about a month ago and the OP's truck probably just failed. Also, many owners will not complain after 8 years as many are no longer the original owners and would probably blame the failure on abuse from the original or previous owner. You BTW, should be the last person to ask for figures on anything since you have yet to back up a single point you tried to make ever.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ok, so you've gone from this being an overriding problem with many trucks involved to... the problem is just beginning and a veritable epidemic of complaints from 1997 Dodge Ram owners will begin rolling in any time now.......... wait for it.......... ok, not now but........... NOW.......... alright, maybe a bit longer.....

Which would be defined as an owner climbing under the truck and hitting his brake lines with a hammer?
No matter how ya cut it, your lame claim is getting weaker each time you state it..... unless of course you follow Miles advice and get actual documentation on the problem from NHTSA or another reputable source.
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

NOW..........
Could you spin any faster Maxi? Every problem begins somewhere. Are you not bright enough to figure even that much out?

his
I honestly believe that you are dumb enough to say this and mean it. How about never changing the brake fluid (and many never do), driving the vehicle on the beach and possibly in the surf (as seen on TV), never cleaning the chassie after heavy salt use on the roads. Do I really need to continue?

Not really, despite your spin.

If the problem is just beginning to reveal itself, there will be no documentation and you knew that, right?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yeah, I am, but you aren't. YOU claimed the problem was already huge, and blamed corporate greed. Now you claim the problem is just beginning. What will you claim next?

Yup, since most owners never worry about all that you just mentioned, and most owners do several, if not all you mentioned. Yet there hasn't been any proof offered by you that there is a massive brake line problem.

You originally claimed there was a massive problem, caused by corporate greed, but you already knew that, right? So where is the problem?
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

you
Yep, I said it was and is a huge problem, just not effecting a huge number of people yet.

How
need
any
And you have no proof that there isn't. There are two cases so far on the NHTSA site and while 1 doesn't have a date, the other is at the end of October, which was when mine failed.

LOL, not every problem makes itself known right away, despite your spin.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Then why did you claim it was corporate greeed and that lots of trucks were affected?

But I never made any absurd claims like you did. I merely said the problem wasn't as prevailent as you claim. Proof of my claim is that there are no recalls, no NHTSA legal action on the issue. YOU have.....???

Wow, four truck total. Jeez, terrible what those Dodge guys are doing to the public. Take a look at Ford PSD claims. When the Dodge brake lines get to that scale, THEN you'll have some facts, meanwhile, you are full of shit.

Not every problem that you have is really a "problem", despite your spin.
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

How would you know if its a huge problem? Based on what?

Two cases is a major huge problem? lol. Too funny.

It's not known now, not by you or anyone else.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

number
Based on the fact that mine and at least three others all failed around the same time and the same line shows a real potential problem. Add to that DC's history of using second rate parts and it gets pretty easy.

the
It is not the number of cases yet that makes it huge, it is what is happening. Perhaps you will still be laughing if a line on your wife's vehicle fails. Then you can add that most people don't report things to the NHTSA, especially on older out of warranty vehicles because most people don't care.

Because unlike you, I can see the writing on the wall. Do you actually read the problem posts in here? Patterns become obvious after a while.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Four trucks out of.... say 100,000.... which isn't even close to what was sold, means that its less than a 1/100 of a percent....... wait, you won't understand that, percentages and all.......
Four trucks out of thousands, the number is too small to be a problem that proves anything.
DC's "history" is only your cockeyed point of view, you don't have any proof of anything.

Ok, so now we're into the excuses part of your spin. Excuses why no one agrees with you and no facts are available. Did the dog chew it up as well?

LOL, random brake line failure is a pattern?
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Well I know about a dozen that have no problems. My dozen beats your 3 or 4. Real credible evidence ya got there! lol

Do tell us all with something credible to back that statement up or is it just your own personal hearsay again?

And you have nothing to suggest anything is happening.

What? Hmm...guess that could be said about anything, anywhere at any time. Better not buy anything because you just never know, it might be no good sometime later. Thats your story huh? Better worry cuz it might be bad. lol

I read what many say. NHTSA is a good place to see what complaints problems individuals have noted. Far better than this newsgroup are places like dodgeforums.com or dodgetalk.com. Even there, the writing is not on the wall TBone. Dang liberal blind conspiracy crap gone wild! Cheap parts put in by rich greedy business owners. Funny!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You know about a dozen people with 97's? Lets have some names.

It is obvious just reading the posts in here. Bad rear bearings in the 9 1/4, worthless ball joints in the Dakota, a huge number of blower resistor blowouts, bad blend air doors, hell, I could rattle off this crap all day.

4 people that had the exact same failure within a few months. I said that it might be nothing but the chances are better that it is.

the
More right wing BS spin. Where did I say this?

read
More BS spin. I said lower priced parts and that is exactly what they did many times. It's all about the money Miles with people like them and you.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Yep. My company. Any more brainless stupid ass questions?

About the same as Ford, Chevy etc. But I asked for some credible info to back your claim up and you just spewed some personal BS? lol
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
miles wrote:

Quite honestly, Dodge has had a lot of those problems and it known for them like GM is known for piston slap issues in a lot of earier 5.3's and some 6.0's due to poor quality/tolerance control.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TheSnoMan wrote:

Sure they have problems, just like Ford and Chevy are known for certain problems as well. My 1989 Firebird was a lemon and the V6 3.2L at the time was well known for valve guide problems.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yeah, you could, but until you get the facts, you ought to shut up. DC just released a not so easily found piece of info saying the 9 1/4 axle was affected by a bad pinion seal. So it was NOT the bearings, but the pinion seal.
Even when there is a problem, you don't know what it is.
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hey Max, why do you even reply to T-bone head? I'll admit he does provide some comic relief, he sure does let his alligator mouth over load his humming bird ass and that is what is so funny. He sorta reminds me of the Key Stone Cops intentions may be honorable but the light bulb is burned out.
My observation
Coasty

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Because its fun to watch him sputter.
RIght now, I don't have to put much effort into it, since he's doing fine looking silly on another thread.
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

9
resistor
day.
just
LOL, funny, I don't recall a seal whining like that when it goes bad. Did this piece of info (which I see you didn't supply a link to) specifically say that the bad seal was causing the bearing failures or did it just say that it was affecting the rear which couls be nothing more than forming a leak. How exactly is this bad seal damaging the carrier bearings?

Sure Max, and you were the one that claimed that the problem didn't exist at all and once again, these failures were due to normal wear, LOL! Please supply a link to this "difficult to find" information so that we can see what it really said minus your spin.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Check any Dodge Dealer and note that the part number now has an "AB" suffix, indicating a revised part. Hmm, the part that keeps the lubricant in the case is failing, but you can't figure out the connection to how a part that needs the lubrication fails.

The bearing problem that you complain so much about, does NOT exist. My source cited no links, but did have part numbers. I don't care if you believe me. However, it would be a surprising change in your normal corporate greed/conspiracy attitude, given that I mentioned its a "covert" change.
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Did
specifically
say
a
suffix,
that
As I thought, just bullshit and spin. Mine failed and I didn't lose any lubricant and I would say that most of the failures in here also were the bearings themselves and had nothing to do with a bad seal. The report was accurate in that a bad seal will affect the rears with them but it has little to do with the bearing failures, that is yet another problem.

exist
Because this is a different issue but actually does back my previous point. They used a second rate seal along with the second rate bearings for what purpose? Why to save money, LOL! They probably didn't think the failure rate would be as high as it turned out and then they found out it was, they quietly changed the seal to a higher quality one and only replace the ones that fail and take no responsibility for the added damage that can happen when they do. Nothing you have said here indicates that the bearing problem does not exist, only that there is yet another problem and for the same reasons.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving
>
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.