RV's

Page 2 of 2

No, just two. On a class C I would put one on the left side where the chassis meets the coach and the other on the left rear on the coach. You are looking for side to side and front to back leveling. Two will suffice.
Mike

Yup!
Mike

Thank you sir, for your advice and info. I'm sure I'll be bothering you for more in the future.
Roy

Wow, do I smell a business opportunity here. Bench seat warmers.

Hell, we used the same type fridges on our sail boat, so I would doubt leveling is *that* important!

wrote: <snip>

The thing is you's have to develop about 50 amps to warm "wide ride's" seat, given it's size.

The first thing he needs is a sign: "If the RV's a rockin', don't come knocking".
My buddy steve could make one!

Roy don't need one of those. Ole Roy is old and retired. He's "retired" from many things.......... <GBMFG>
Denny

Roy don't need one of those. Ole Roy is old and retired. He's "retired" from many things.......... <GBMFG>
Denny
Don't kid yourself my pudgy friend. Everything is just fine.
Although given your situation with that bumper hanging in front of you it is doubtful you can get close enough to accomplish much.
Thinking about this that must be why you are so in love with "the machine". Mechanized self gratification! <GBFG>
Roy

A quick thought just smacked me.... you got Mike S. e-mail??? He does the rv thing with his heated seats..
Denny
My wife and I are also considering this lifestyle. A question I've asked is What about laundry? I know large 5th wheelers and class A have them, but can they be retro-fit into smaller trailers? She suffers from MCS and that is why we want to control her environment. Cecil
wrote:

A quick thought just smacked me.... you got Mike S. e-mail??? He does the rv thing with his heated seats..
Denny

We've had both installed/no install and most often we've had just the two of us. The local laundry (at the RV park and just on the road) do fine for our needs. When we have the grand kids ... on board is basically useless. (I recommend you stay away from the no vet type regardless)
Here's a trick from our old sailing days. We have several ice chest. When we're on the move we put whites in one, darks in another add soap and water and boggy on down the road. After a bit (hour or two) we empty the chest, add clean water (rinse) and buggy for another hour or so.
Sailing we'd run the clean/wet laundry up a lanyard to dry when we were under sail. (not something I'd try with an RV)
In the RV when we stop for lunch we use a local laundry's dryers and the deed is done before lunch was over.
Not really needed when there's just the two of us but a blessing when we have the grand brats and their friends.
FWIW I find out a lot about the area from the local folk in the laundries.
An aside my wife suffers from allergies so we've equipped the vehicles with electronic air filters. these are assisted by the passive filters you can get a Lows and Home Depot. Likely unnecessary, I've installed UV florescent in the return air ducts as well.
As these are typically low power draws I drive them with cheap DC/AC inverters so we can use off the shelf filters (read cheaper). Added advantage these can double as power sources for the grand kids electronics.

We had 2 5th Wheelers over that past 8 years. Kinda like a bass boat, it's was great when we bought it, but the cost can be really high to operate and maintain. We logged around 200K with ours. Had a good time, but sold them both now and have gotten into motorcycles again. A little cheaper, errr, except for the rallies.
--
--MoParMaN--
---Scud Coordinates 32.61204 North 96.92989 West---

roy, you need only know one thing about RVs to make your experience positive: they are _all_ pieces of shit. some are better shit and some are lesser shit but you may as well embrace this concept now; they are ALL varying degrees of shit. once you accept this you wont be too disappointed when the shit starts to fall apart.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2254/75251359iy8.jpg
this is my current piece of shit. i want to sell it and buy a more expensive piece of shit but the RV market has plummeted making my semi-expensive piece of shit a dang near worthless piece of shit.
...still beats hotels though.
-- Nathan In Montana http://CarryGuide.com

Nate, I guess it is like anything mass produced. It is what it is and ya sorta live with it and make the best of it. Of course if a better deal comes along.....
I know what you mean regarding price's.I think jumped in at the right time. Did the deal on the last day of the month which was also the last day of the year. That imo was a help in moving the price downward.
Roy

yes, and no. remove one of your electrical outlet covers to see what i mean. instead of cutting out the holes in the paneling they just bust them out with a hammer.
Nathan In Montana http://CarryGuide.com