Seat belt fuse / Check engine light

I've got a '98 Dakota V6 that has been acting up on me for a year or so. The check engine light refuses to stay off. The error code says it's the Purge Solenoid which I've had replaced twice at the local
dealer. It runs for 80 to 100 miles and comes back on again. At the same time, it blows the 10Amp fuse for the Overhead Console. Funny thing is, the only overhead console I have is the dome light.
The dealer suspects it's in the seat belts. He suggests replacing the sensors in the seat belts. It sounds a little far fetched to me, but I'm WAY OVER my inspection date and need to get this taken care of.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Any other thoughts?
-Me