Seat Belt Lock/ABS?

98 Ram 1500 318 QuadCab

Wife got in it this morning, I wasn't here, and the ABS and BRAKE lights on the instrument cluster were on. She couldn't pull out the seat belts, they were locked in the fully retracted position.

She reported for jury duty, about a 5 mile drive, with both warning lights still on and the seatbelts locked. When she was released for a lunch break, she cranked up and the ABS and BRAKE warning lights were out but the seatbelts were still locked. Stayed that way back to the courthouse and back home this afternoon.

When I came in, I went to the truck and unplugged the approx. 10 pin connector under the drivers seat, cranked the truck up, shut it off and reconnected the connector. The seatbelts now work as designed, or at least they can be pulled out.

Is there a connection between the ABS indicator and the seat belt lock??

Reply to
Sam Alcorn