Seat belts locking up

Hello, I am having the following problem with my: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Extended Cab (2WD).

After driving for about 30 minutes the seat belts lock up and i can longer pull them from the retractor in the seat. This happens each time i drive, although they seem to release once I open the door, but then

30 min later they lock up again.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how i can repair it?

Thanks,

Reply to
diazae77

The same thing happens to my '99 Ram when I leave the key in the ignition and the doors open (not while driving). You may have a problem with a door pin swich thinking a door is open. Do you by any chance have an aftermarket alarm system?

Reply to
Nosey