seat upgrade - kinda long post

So, i've finished all the interior of my truck now, stem to stern of the cab was sandblasted, fiberglassed, primed, covered in thick undercoating, and topped off with a nice new carpet.
Which brought me to the seats. The drivers side seat was trashed, (both the fabric and the foam) - and then it dawned on me, i've had a pile of black leather hiding in my closet for the last decade, and i think it's time to bring it to good use :)
So i'm thinking, black leather seats, with one of those back massager/heating cushions put inside the seat before it goes back together, and the most /absolute most/ soft cushy foam i can find to replace the standard foam that comes from the factory.
Basically, you know those 100,000 high end sedans with the ungodly awesome leather seats in them.. i want to make some of those for my truck.
The only part of this that i need help with, is figuring out how i can make it ungodly soft and squishy to sit in. 1) What specific types of foam do i use for this? 2) Do i use just one type of foam, or do leather upholstery professionals use combinations of secret things to make the ultimate comfortable seat? :) 3) Do any of you know any sites you have bookmarked which discuss these types of questions - and can you share them with me? :)
I've done some asking around locally, but aside from using 'sewing foam' which is necessary for sewing to the leather - and then 'rebond' foam, (which is not comfortable) they almost always use the pre-existing factory foam, and just cover the seats with the leather. (which is what i don't want to do)
thanks, James
Coffee wrote:

I thought about "upgrading" the front seats in my 96 RAM 1500 club cab to something better. The fabric is torn from getting in and out. I've always wanted to look at getting a set of leather power seats (heated too) from a more recent RAM pickup but I've never seen anyone else talking about doing this.
This might be a better option than re-covering your existing seats.

I put sheepskins in any car/truck I buy... cooler in summer, warmer in winter and easier on the upholstery..
We just had the 01 Dakota detailed for sale and when we took the sheepskins off the upholstery look almost new... And they even fit the seats in our blazer..lol Mac

No, I should but I won't. Denny on the other hand will probably be all over this. Sheep................... <VBG>
Roy

Mac

Roy

Roy