Seatbelt light

I have a '98 Quadcab. The seatbelt warning light on the dash instrument cluster will not shut off. Is there a sensor in the seat? How can I get it to turn off? Help.

Reply to
thinman

Are you actually wearing the seatbelt?

Reply to
TBone

Yes, Iam wearing the seatbelt and I'm the only one in the truck.

Reply to
thinman

Fair enough. What year is this truck again?

Reply to
TBone

I have a 2002 Dodge K3500 that does the same or similar thing. While my belt seems to clip together correctly, if I grab both ends and push them in a little tighter then the belt light goes off. I would think there is some contact inside the female end of the buckle that isn't being engaged fully.

Reply to
Clinton Jensen