see ya all around

Page 4 of 6
wrote:

Bro.. ya know it is no story

C'mon bro.., you don't have to share if ya don't want to.
Denny, it seems the our friend is loseing his mind. Now he has moved into total denial. He has forgotton that the machine has a long history in this group, that there have been a couple of pictures posted of the machine. More importantly he has forgotton to look where it was last seen, in the back of HIS truck enroute to a meet with Red. I think he finally might have either tipped over the edge or gotton his hands on some real good shit.<BFG>
Roy

must have been "before my time"... Mac

Nothing is before your time. <G>
Roy

ouch.....
Denny

now that's a pretty cold shot....
I might have invented dirt, but you had to grind up the rocks first... Mac

I believe the nato is .556. As I understand it there is a small difference between the two, not much but some. Anyway, I know that the bushmaster will chamber and fire both .223 and .556 with no problem. I don't know about the other ar's.
Roy
5.56 mm is 0.218897 inch or 0.004103 inch smaller, if you want to be exact.
--
Budd Cochran

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

We were issued .556 for the 16's and a .223 was a 22 magnum for close work with the ruger revolver... lol
I haven't had a use for either round for almost 40 years... *groan*
Mac

Older than dirt bro.<VBG>
Roy

Budd, while there isn't any external difference in the rounds, there is a difference between the .223 rem and the nato chambers. This site explains it better than I can.
www.ammo-oracle.com
Denny
Denny,
See my reply to Roy. That's all I know for sure about them. I have NOT exchanged and fired them personally and I'm going on the comments of an expert I worked with.
--
Budd Cochran

"Denny" < snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

After reading the link Denny posted, the two rounds are not interchangeable in all ar's. Further they say that use of .556 in a tight chambered 223 is unsafe.
Roy
All I know is we fired .223 in '16's and one guy fired the 5.56 in his Remington, or so he said . . .he was the E-7 Sergeant in charge of the rifle ranges with a munitions MOS. I worked with him daily for a month and he is an honest person.
As far as I'm concerned, discussion over. You do what you want.
--
Budd Cochran

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

Gee, how many times have I been chewed out for saying that very thing . . .
"I hope so 'cause in this case your info could get a person hurt."
Ya know, Roy, I think an E-7 with some 21 years of service time in armament just might know what he's talking about. How much time did you say you have?
Budd
Roy wrote:

Well, I would say the people that manufacture the ammo would know even more then your E-7, and they state that the two rounds ARE different, that a .223 can be fired in a 5.56mm barrel, but that firing a 5.56mm cartridge in a .223 barrel could result in "gun functioning issues", and declare it to be "an unsafe ammunition combination".
Straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.winchester.com/lawenforcement/news/newsview.aspx?storyid
Fine. Like I said, I give the info I have.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9

Fine. Whatever. I gave the best info I could, the best I had.