Seeking Shock Advice

Good morning fellow Ram Heads, 2004.5 CTD 3/4 ton ext cab 4 wheel drive, off road package, 6spd. 4.10 rear Now that the prerequisites are out of the way...........
My truck has 65k miles and I am thinking it might be time to replace the shocks? I use the tuck mostly as a daily driver, occasionally pull a 7000# rated tandem car trailer loaded with any number of assorted loads, from logs to my tractor. And at times loads of gravel, beauty bark etc in the bed. Although not at the same time as the trailer.................... Please advise your recommendations on shocks. TIA, Joe
Since it is a 2500, testing shocks is not as easy on car or 1500 series truck. Normally you would be able to test by pusing down on the front of a car or standing on truck bumper.
Best way I know of on a 2500 is to drive it over a speed bump. If it bounced over the speed bump, it's time to change. I think bilstein is a good shock for the 2500. They had better be for $60 a piece. You can get them from Autozone with lifetiem warranty. If they wear out, just trade them in for new ones.
[...]
One word: Bilstein.
Steve
Good morning fellow Ram Heads, 2004.5 CTD 3/4 ton ext cab 4 wheel drive, off road package, 6spd. 4.10 rear Now that the prerequisites are out of the way........... My truck has 65k miles and I am thinking it might be time to replace the shocks? I use the tuck mostly as a daily driver, occasionally pull a 7000# rated tandem car trailer loaded with any number of assorted loads, from logs to my tractor. And at times loads of gravel, beauty bark etc in the bed. Although not at the same time as the trailer.................... Please advise your recommendations on shocks. TIA, Joe
I've always had good luck with bilstein shocks. They are a liitle pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Have used Pro Comp shock (all three lines) and liked the ES3000 best. I found the ES9000 too hard and the ES1000 too weak. I am currently running Rancho RS5000 on my truck and after two months, so far I love them. I personally think that Bilsteins are over priced but to each his own.

Yup, lots of folks like their bilsteins but I love my Rancho 9000's on my '03 2500 CTD 4WD QC LB Laramie.
FMB (North Mexico)