serpentine belt

My wife has a 99 town and country w/3.0. I hear they are known for getting the belt knocked off from puddles and such. She has managed to knock hers off 4 times in the past year 3 puddles and 1 snow drift. Asking her to slow down or go around seems to be out of the question.

I replaced the belt and the tensioner seems to be holding the belt tight.

My question is, is there anything that will help keep the belt on? Putting it back on is a real PITA.

Thanks

ytnyt

Reply to
ytnyt

The cure appears very easy to me. The next time it happens, give your wife the toolbag and tell her to put it on. Problem solved. It will never happen again, at least to you. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Next time she does it make her walk home. Then maybe she'll slow down or avoid large puddles and snow banks.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

A wife is a wife and if you love her you will just have to put up with her or if you don't tell her the next time you will be filing divorce papers.

Bob M wrote:

Reply to
user

Remember the golden rule - "Happy wife, happy life"

snipped-for-privacy@doma> A wife is a wife and if you love her you will just have to put up with

Reply to
High Sierra

'If she ain't happy, you ain't happy'

J. Foxworthy

Reply to
TranSurgeon

We had an Acclaim that needed a shield that was installed and it helped. The idler has a sealed bearing but wants to seize up.

Reply to
rudyxhiebert

dont forget the rest of it.... 'If she ain't happy long enough, you'll be unhappy with half your stuff'

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Get some sheet alum from home depot or lowes and make a splash shield that extends from under the radiator to just behind the balancer, and from side to side. Shouldn't cost more that $40 with hardware.

Reply to
.boB

Sounds like the plan to me, kind of like a really thin skid plate that would deflect the water.

Reply to
ytnyt

I should just put up and shut up. Been married for 20 years and that is how I survived this long.

Reply to
ytnyt

If you put that splash shield on, you can begin your list of things you no longer have to put up with.

Reply to
FMB

The NLHTPU list seems to be the same as her YSHTPU list.

Reply to
ytnyt