Shaking

Alright so I got the rotor problem fixed on the Ram but now I notice that the truck is shaking when I go above 60 mph and when I am slowing down from 30mph
there is a "wooh wooh wooh" sound and a vibration is the truck. Could this be something that the shop did when they changed the rotors and pads or is this something else? Alignment seems fine when i test. This noise started when I got my tires rotated about 3K miles ago so I dont think it is the brake work but it keeps getting worse. I want to be more informed as to what this might be. This truck was awesome up to 40K miles and now wtf? Any help would be great...Thanks
Taf

Sounds like one of the weights may have fallen off of one of the wheels.
You might want to take it back in for another wheel ballance.

Or the rim of a wheel could be bent.

You may have some "cupped" tires that are making the noise you describe. It became noticeable when they were rotated.
Mike

.... I took another look at the tires and the inside of the front ones have slightly more tread than the outsides do. Mike is this the "cupping" that you were talking about? If so you think I should just keep driving until they wear down or just get them rotated back to where they were on the back? I would rather not have to get new tires but I'm not sure if keeping them like that is going to mess up something else. Thanks for the replies...
Taf

Taf:
Cupping is hard to describe, but here goes...... run your hand over the tread on the inner and outer edges. It should feel relatively smooth with the only roughness being caused by the tread pattern. Now reverse the direction that you rotate your hand. Is it still smooth, or can you feel some rough edges? If you can, it's probably cupping. In severe cases you can actually see the cupped area on the tread. This can cause the wow-wow noise you describe. Most often cupping is caused by infrequent tire rotation. You should rotate your tires every 6K miles for maximum wear and to avoid cupping. Check tire pressures every 30 days. When rotating use a cross to the rear pattern.
The best way to tell is to rotate em back to where they were and see if the noise goes away.
As a "fix", you can leave 'em where they are at and eventually unless they are terribly cupped, they will wear back to a somewhat normal condition.
Hope this info helps
Mike
I definitely pushed the last rotation about a thousand miles over when I should have so that makes sense. Im going to change them back to the way they were and see how that works...thanks again for the advice....
Mike Simmons wrote:

Put the tires back the way they were. Rear tires wear differently from front tires. Rather than rotating the tires replace the front ones more often.
beekeep