Should glow plug light illuminate during bulb check?

I never ever see this light. Ambient temp is above 66F but I expected to see it when I first turn the key and all other lights illuminate for a few seconds. Do I have a bulb out on my new 2007 Ram?

Mine comes on in my '03. With the key off, press in the trip/odometer button and turn the key to the on position. Release the button. ALL the dash lights will all illuminate and the guages do a test dance. When its over, there will be error codes if necessary.
FMB (North Mexico)

I never see my coil light come on until around 15C (62F). I was told there are no more glow plugs, just coils.
The coil light is in the 7 o'clock position on the dash, just below the tach. It looks like a little coil and is yellow.
Wayne
Wayne J. wrote:

Not even in the bulb self test when key is first turned to the on position?

if the coil is needed, it will come on when I turn the key to on. I did not know there was a self test.
It never came on most of the summer. It only comes on when it is cool outside, below 15C
wayne
Wayne J. wrote:

In most vehicles all the lights light up when the key is first turned on. It seems thats not so on Dodges. Only certain lights come on. However, doing the full test as FMB described does light up all lights. So now I know the coil bulb works!

now I am going to have to go and try that out.
thks wayne
Wayne J. wrote:

It doesn't work for every cluster bulb on all model year trucks. The full cluster test won't light up the 4X4 light on my '99 Ram but it comes on when I lock the transfer case.
--
Ken

worked on my 07. thats a new trick I will have to show a few friends on their RAM's.

Be sure to show your friends how to check their engine operating hours too. With the engine off and the key on, hold the odometer reset button for 10 seconds. That doesn't work on my '99 either.
--
Ken

I think that only works on the diesels. Except my '99 diesel.
--
Ken

134 hours on 8,000 KM . that is cool. Average 59.7 km / hour. Makes sense as most of our driving is on the highway. We have a PT for our day to day car.
thks wj