SICKENING

found this posted on another forum. i think the topic says it all.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. ? The city that's home to Harvard and MIT solidified its nickname as "The People's Republic of Cambridge" when it put a stop to a Boy Scout troop's Election Day drive to collect care packages for American soldiers in Iraq, claiming it was "political."

?We just wanted to make a lot of troops happy,? Scout Patrick O?Connor told the Boston Herald.

The big-hearted Scouts from Cambridge Troop 45 had placed donation boxes at the city's 33 polling stations in hopes of collecting toiletries, magazines, candy and other items after one of O'Connor's relatives was injured in an IED explosion while serving in Iraq.

But someone complained to the city, allegedly claiming the boxes were a ?political statement,? and the boxes were removed.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I don't know how but it seems it must be Roy's fault. I think it's karma repaying him for giving SnoMan a hard time. /troll =off

Reply to
Nosey

It doesn't, seem any worse than Santa not being able to say "ho ho ho" because it may offend women..

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

yea and am i the only one that sees a problem with that too?

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Hey! I'm 1300 miles away from the PRC. Those folks in that city really do have a strange way of thinking.

Not even the PRC would put up with the Idiot's bs.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I'm surprised that it wasn't in Berkeley, CA.. or "bezerkly" as we used to call it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Abby.Normal

"Used" to call it? It is still berzerkeley and probably always will be. I don't even go there unless I have my Passport with me.

Good luck with your art show...

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Thanks... you must be lurking in one of the wood groups..lol