Sloppy steering

Hi,

was wanting suggestions...

95 dodge ram 1500 4x4 105k miles

I replaced the defective steering box with a high rated performance aftermarket unit, i forget the company installed a borgeson steering shaft. track bar has been replaced twice over the years. I also installed a pitman arm support device to prevent the side loads on the steering box, its called a steering stiffener I have a little noise in the steering column itself but i can live with that. My problem is over the last year, my steering has gotten extra sloppy, it was never great and improved after replacing those parts but now is worse than before. I really dont want to live with it anymore. I have been thinking about getting a different vehicle but I do really like this truck, its paid for and I have a motorcycle to ride when weather permits.

I would rather keep it but I have to put some money into it and fix this or dump it. Please offer suggestions alignment shops always say everything looks ok.

thanks

Reply to
carl_at_work.nospam

It might be the track bar again. If the track bar is worn out there is a better way to fix the problem than replacing it again. See:

Nosey