soot on paint

my dealership installed my camper tie-downs reversed causing soot to deflect onto my paint. http://tinyurl.com/hbxww (its worse now than in that picture). ive corrected the mount issue, but cannot get the soot off my
paint. straight gasoline has worked, but not completely. any ideas? thanks,
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

clean off, he'll have to repaint the box most likely. What other recourse is there?

life and still don't have the time to worry about such petty shit.
beekeep

Try Simple Green.
--
PoorUB
'05 Ultra Classic

"Coasty" <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message

Nate:
3M body solvent will take it off without damaging the paint. If any residue remains use a good paint cleaning clay.
Mike

Have you tried diesel fuel? I've used diesel on my large car sleeper to remove the same soot klumze