soot on paint

my dealership installed my camper tie-downs reversed causing soot to deflect onto my paint.

(its worse now than in that picture). ive corrected the mount issue, but cannot get the soot off my paint. straight gasoline has worked, but not completely. any ideas?thanks,

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Yeah, give the dealer the first opportunity to fix his mistake. If it won't clean off, he'll have to repaint the box most likely. What other recourse is there?

Reply to
Advocate

Try Simple Green.

Reply to
Greg O

Try some real fine rubbing compound or Maguire's Scratch-X

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Yup, some real light polishing compound. Be careful though, don't know how much gas you used, I'd wait some before I used anything else. One thing that will move it is Westly's white wall cleaner. Again let the paint harden up before you go after it again.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

simple green if mixed too strong will remove the paint right off the truck. ask me how i know LOL

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

He could go see a doctor and get the "anal retentive" cured. I lead a simple life and still don't have the time to worry about such petty shit.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Nate:

3M body solvent will take it off without damaging the paint. If any residue remains use a good paint cleaning clay.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Have you tried diesel fuel? I've used diesel on my large car sleeper to remove the same soot klumze

Reply to
klumze