Sorry to say, but it had to happen

Page 2 of 2
Steve B wrote:

And as you said, you're very fidgety. And you're one of the concealed-weapon-toting kooks that people should feel comfortable having around.
wrote

Isn't the Second Amendment magnificent?
Steve
visit my blog at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com free books while they last
Steve B wrote:

Well of course. And you know your damaged brains aren't like all the other kooks' damaged brains anyway.
wrote

And then there's you, who I can see who is obviously far superior to us regular humans.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Aren't you the Steve who was "Steve the Boob" when you showed up here a couple years ago?
wrote

No, I was never known by that name. However, I may have been called that. Do you have so little to do that you remember posts and people from two years back? Maybe that is why this is a nearly dead newsgroup, and only two of the old regular curmudgeons hang around here and jump on anything new.
I seldom see any new questions, and threads are three posts long. Sad because Dodge trucks are a good topic. But there has to be some reason that this is such a weak anemic newsgroup. I know why.
Last one out turn out the light.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

No.

You said that already, you ignorant fart.
Steve B wrote:

Yep, Steve the Boob. I recall something like you shopping for toys, and boasting about your impressive financial success. Then someone identified you as a big cash settlement collector following some major injury you suffered. That was your achievement.

Keep it in your records. Never know when an old fart like you is going to need surgery...........
Steve B wrote:

Well how about the "tradition" that Chicago fire had for YEARS that they wore long coats and 3/4 boots instead of bunker gear that affords a LOT more protection. They finally changed but there are a lot of folks who are working to get the rules changed so they can revert back to the 3/4 boots and coats...
Tradition says you run into the building with a hose line and eat the smoke "like a man" , reality says, eat the crap in the smoke and suffer health problems for a LONG time...
I know of a lot of others but don't like giving the service a black eye. Plus I have been guilty of a few transgressions on the fire ground myself...
--
Steve W.

wrote

I read articles about fire fighters back when it was a business. A homeowner would pay a fire service, and then that fire service would put a metal placard on the house of that fire company. I guess they could charge for putting a fire out, and there were outright fistfights and brawls over who was going to put the fire out on houses that didn't have a placard, and sometimes they took so long that the house actually burned down before they got through fighting.
The gear these days is like everything else, developing exponentially every couple of years. Now, Scott packs are nearly standard everywhere, and ten years ago, they weren't. You have Nomex as a standard now, and before, it was only for guys who spent their own money on it. I can see where some of the old traditions would die hard. But as the guard changes, and the old guys die off, there seems to be progress.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Ahh the good old days. Back when you had plug uglies and fire watches...
Yeah there has been a ton of progress with gear. We just got all new gear and while the stuff is great for keeping you safe it also weighs a ton with all the required safety crap built in. Holds in heat like crazy as well. Not the best thing if it's 90 degrees with humidity to match.
Scott makes a good pack as does MSI and Draegar. They are ALL way to expensive though. It's like anything with "Fire" in the name is automatically 5X the price...
--
Steve W.
(\___/)

Are you a fireman?
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Fire Fighter, EMT-B, Fire Police, Haz-Mat tech and High Angle and Confined Space tech as well.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)

Thank you for what you do.