Sorta OT: I hate growing old!

So, there's this spare part I've had lying around the house for years - a blower motor resistor or somesuch, that tends to die on the 2001 Daks. The truck is on the third, but it's been doing fine for years now.
But! We're about to go on a looong road trip across one of the hottest landscapes in the world. So I want to have that little part along, in case Murphy's watching (having it will guarantee everything will remain working).
I've come across the thing any number of times when going through stuff or looking for something else.
Now, I'm looking for *it*. And I cannot find it *anywhere*.
And now since I can't find it, the resistor currently in the truck is guaranteed to fail somewheres around the town that commonly has temps from 113-120f.
Argh.
I wish we could replace memory when it gets bad, like I can with my computer.
Where! Is! It??????
jmc
jmc wrote:

You won't get baked if it goes out. When they go bad the fan will usually still work on the high setting.
--
Ken

Suddenly, without warning, Nosey exclaimed (1/19/2008 11:45 PM):

Hopefully. First time, that's what happened. Second time, it started out that way, but failed altogether before I could get the new part. Fortunately, it was England :)
jmc
I understand what your saying perfectly . . .if I remember correctly.
Budd

I've found that as I grow older, in computer terms, I have to write to the hard drive more often due to faulty memory..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing