Speed Sensor

I have replaced both the rear differential speed sensor and the magnetized on the tailshft of the transmission and am still having problems with the
speedometer and odometer not working at all. Has hesitation and backfire when running under pressure (at higher rates of speed). Any suggestions would be welcome!!!!

Well... we know you're driving a '98+ Ram, or '97+ Dakota... but not much else. Since most of us try and only use our powers of mental telepathy only in cases of national emergency, it would save us all a lot of paperwork and nosebleeds if you would describe your vehicle.
Sorry about that, just a little tired - I have a '98 Dodge 4x4 1500 - 5.2 liter truck (standard cab) - Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

What color is it?
beekeep

<PFFFFFFTTTTTTTtttttt>
What works well to get soda off of an LCD screen? :)
Thanks, Greg... I needed that laugh today
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:43:43 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

you forgot the part about the need for an alcohol induced trance, Tom..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Thanks so much for all the great advise - now that you've allhad a laugh - do you have any suggestions or should I goelsewhere??? I've read some of the replies you all have posted for other problems and was pretty confident when your names came up that you would be helpful - guess I was wrong. Oh, and by the way, the truck is midnight purple!! Ha! Ha!

Wel there's your problem. Paint it red and it will run fine.
beekeep
BTW have you checked for trouble codes?
Yes - I have checked trouble codes - they are indicating that the problem is being caused by a "speed sensor malfuntion"
Then your best bet would be to check the wiring from the sensors to the computer.
"RPorter" < snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
Thanks - I'll try that next!!