Speedometer trouble

Got a 92' Ram 150 5.2L(auto) 4x4. Last week the speedometer started not reading. Guy's at auto zone said it was speed sensor on the tranny, so i replaced it and still having trouble. Its works half the
time. This past week it works every morning, but in the afternoon coming home it don't work, but somtimes i can restart the truck and it will work. Any help would be good.
Thanks
I have a similar problem, speedometer still works, odometer doesn't, I'm stumped.

DonStaples wrote:

i'm not sure whats wrong.

You need an odometer gear. Try here: http://www.odometergears.com/subpages/chrydod.html or http://www.odometergear.com /
--
While my e-mail address is not munged, | snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org
I probably won't read anything sent there. |

I had a 99 and it was located on the rear axle, upper side if I remember correctly
Whenever the speedo stops working I can hit the reset knob and all at once the speedo works fine. Leads me to thinking something wrong in the speedo head.