Spray-in bed liners

Anyone have a preference??? 2005,2500 QC,Hemi.

Reply to
West Sanders

I have a RhinoLiner. It has a rubbery texture and doesn't let the load slide around in the bed easily. Good for preventing load shift when traveling but not so good for sliding heavy things to the back of the bed for unloading. Line-X is a harder surface that's a bit more slippery. Both brands seem to be very durable. Personally, I think finding a good installer is more important than which brand you get. My installer was a bit sloppy where the liner was trimmed around the tailgate opening but it doesn't look bad enough for me to take it back and have it fixed. Inspect your truck carefully for overspray and other installation problems before you pay them.

Reply to
Nosey

I had Rhino liner in my 96 2500 and I have X-line in my 05 2500. I would have to give the nod to X-line. It really makes a difference on the installer. Make sure you get to look at some of their previous work. One other thing. Rhino liner is warranted by the installing dealer. If they go out of business?????? X-line is a national warranty

Ron

Reply to
Termite

Not sure if I have a preference, as I only have Line-X experience, but I love my Line-X. Definitely no problems with it, and is still as good as the day it got put on almost four years ago.

West Sanders wrote:

Reply to
Lint Radley

ive shopped for a bed liner for my truck since before i bought it. yesterday i took it to line-x and had them install it. the main thing i looked at on several occasions of visiting the dealerships of the various spray in liners was the quality of the workmanship.

whoever you choose, i believe, they all have a quality product as far as the materials used. the main differance between them is actually dealer to dealer in the quality of installations.

my truck turned out beautiful! all the lines are straight, and i mean straight edge straight, next to no overspray at the front wall to cab area. but in my looking i seen several occasions of dealers that were nowhere near as good and some that was ok. even within the same line of product.

ive rambled about this basically to say, take your time. visit the dealers ask to see recent instalations they have done and inspect them closely. choose the product and dealer you like best. thats what i did and am very pleased.

also as others have mentioned check into the warranties. are they the installing dealer only or national? i know line-x is national as was stated by some others. but that was a last factor for me the install was main priority.

good luck

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

The thing with spay in liners is that there is no changing your mind. Once its there, it there forever. You get sick of looking at it or when it gets scuffed up or faded you can't pull it out. You get a dent in the side of the bed, the spray in dents with it. With a regular liner, you can hide dents and you will still have your paint in tact when its time to sell the truck. But in the end, its your truck. Good luck

Reply to
GUNNER

Its a truck bed. Truck beds get dents and scratches. No worries about scratching paint with the spray-ins and you don't have to be dishonest and try to hide anything.

FMB '03 Laramie, CTD, HO, 4WD, 6sp, LB (sprayed, of course), 5th wheel hitch,

39mos, 97k miles, original LP
Reply to
FMB

ive had drop in liners before. the last one i had was in a 89 ranger. after aprox 70k i spilled some paint in the bed, no problem i told myself, ill just pop the liner out and wash the paint off. when i pulled it out i found that it had rubbed the paint off in big spots and i had serious rust issues that was hidden by the liner. after a little body work to repair the rust holes and some paint i gave the drop in liner away. i havent had one since. the 05 came with one and the very first thing done when it got home was getting that liner out of the truck. that was my experiance with drop ins and im not going down that road again.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson