stake holes on bed rail

Got an older 12 valve 2500 with the stake holes on the top of the bed rail. I want to mount a fiberglass top on the bed so thought it would be a good idea to seal up those holes. What's the best way to do that??

I have seen some inserts you can put in them with folding rings for rope tie downs. They have rubber seals on the bottom.

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:29:57 -0600, GeekBoy wrote:

Any idea who carries these?

I have seen them at auto parts places like Autozone. I may have even seen them at Wally world

That rubber seal is moreso to protect the paint rather than for water proofing.
Laszlo Almasi
I wouldn't worry about it. Just put the cap over the stake pockets and fuggetaboutit. What harm are you envisioning?
Mike

Like Mike said, don't worry about the holes.
Roy
Roy wrote:

Mine leaked water around the holes. The cap was just barely too narrow to completely cover the rear stake pockets. I put some clear packaging tape over the holes. No more leaks.
--
Ken