Stalling Dodge Ram 250

My 92 Dodge Ram 250 van will cut off all of the sudden. No warning , no sputterin just cots off. Now if i let it sit for 5 or so minutes it cramnks right back up. Any clues as where to start looking for the
problem?
NC Rocket wrote:

RPM switch in the distributer. Do you have a tach? Is it jumpy sometimes?
No tach... Just a spedometer. I havent noticed any change in the way the engine sounds either. It just cuts off.

My wife had a Torino that acted like that. The fuel filter was getting plugged.
NapalmHeart wrote:

sucking too much -- had this too -- open the gas tank cap and see if it sucks -- temporary solution for that would be to leave the gas cap a bit loose
how long before it starts this behaviour? how long will it run before it cuts out again? could also be any number of sensors is shot and giving the wrong info. do you have engine light / codes on this? is the engine light working? rach