stalls

2002 1-ton dually, usually after engine is warm, engine will be running fine in fourth or fifth then just die,shifting up or down will usually restart immediately, or turning key off then back on quickly will restart,
does it more frequently when pulling a load or climbing a hill, any help will be greatly appreciated
sure sounds like a tranny temp sensor malfunctioning. Have you run a diagnostic on it to see if it brings up any fault codes? That would be a good place to start.

Did I miss something? I'm starting to wonder if my news server is giving me all the posts. How did you figure out what vehicle he has?
I'm really not trying to be a smart ass, I'm seriously wondering if I'm seeing all the posts??
Al
What I read was a 2001 dually. I just assumed dodge because that is what I was in as a category when I gave my answer. I guess it really doesn't matter I just gave him a quick idea. I would have to have more details to even think about trying to diagnose anything else. Sorry