starting problem 2001 CTD

I've lately noticed a change when the starter is turning the engine. Until lately the engine always started very quickly after engaging the starter

Reply to
bill allemann

First thing I'd check is the fuel pressure being delivered by the lift pump. On the 2nd gen engines, they have a nasty habit of deteriorating, and eventually killing the injection pump.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Fuel pressure, lift pump.

Reply to
Roy

Ooops, sorry Tom's post just showed up.

Reply to
Roy

Never hurts to get a 2nd opinion :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

is changing out the lift pump a pretty nasty project ?

Reply to
bill allemann

Not at all... it's actually pretty easy.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence