starting problems

I was driving my dodge caravan that is a 1994 and I turned it off and it wouldnt start at all... When i pushed it and poped the clutch it started, but when I got it home it didnt do any thing no noise at all... I tried to jump it and it wouldnt do anything either... no noise or anything...my battery is only a lil over a year old....

Reply to
pamkeck

Try cleaning your battery cables, both ends.

Reply to
Roy

I have cleaned them and also the posts... still nothing... lights and raido all work...just nothing no noise when I try and start it...no clicking nothing... coukld it be the starter relay? coil?

Reply to
pamkeck

I have cleaned them and also the posts... still nothing... lights and raido all work...just nothing no noise when I try and start it...no clicking nothing... coukld it be the starter relay? coil?

Did you clean both ends of the cable?

Not the coil.

Turn your headlights on then try to start it. Do the headlights dim?

Reply to
Roy

No they dont dim at all.... i am so confused... :o(

Reply to
pamkeck

No they dont dim at all.... i am so confused... :o(

Did you clean both ends of the cables?? Check for loose connections at the starter?

Seems you need some testing equipment,. at the least a test light or voltmeter.

Reply to
Roy

  1. Starter solenoid gone south
  2. Key switch is bad

based on everything else you've tried, I'd bet on one of those two being the culprit.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

Heck, I'll vote "bad ignition switch"...

+

Went to Florida the other day for a week. Terrible, weather in the

80's most days, sunny. Not one bit of snow, never used 4WD on the Dodge one time.
Reply to
PeterD

It's nice here most of the time.

But the surf has been rough for the past week.

Reply to
Roy

Bad starter solenoid.

Reply to
Steve W.

We hit the beach one day... I wanted to stay all day! Surf was a tiny bit rough in the AM (Gulf side) but by noon it was quiet.

Reply to
PeterD

I'm on the east coast, just north of Daytona. Ocean get's real stired up at times. Been about 5-10' surf for about a week.

Reply to
Roy

Real men don't drive minivans.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Well then, what do they do with them....?

Reply to
zayton

Run... Run away fast!

Reply to